Aetna’s Analytics & Behavior Change Clinical Analytics team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to develop analytic solutions that demonstrate the value of Aetna’s innovative products and care management interventions within an Advocacy model. The Senior Data Scientist will provide insights to business customers about the health of the population and identify successes and opportunities in consumer engagement, health outcomes, and health care costs. The ideal candidate should be able to appropriately use descriptive and diagnostic analytics and have deep knowledge of study methodology, data mining, and modeling techniques. This candidate will act as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives. The work environment is fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative, requiring quick learning, adaptability, and creativity. You would be part of an expanding team, with plenty of opportunities to interact with project stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements:
This position will work with a team of analysts and business partners to deliver analytics around Aetna’s Advocacy program. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for extraction and manipulation of data from multiple, large data sources and will use advanced statistical/machine learning techniques and analytical and visualization software to conduct observational cohort studies, to design and assess pilots for new products, to develop predictive models and to generate other actionable insights.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical models and determines appropriate analytical approaches and/or modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry
- Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports, and performance metrics
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results that support business decisions.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions
- Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms
To be sucessful within the role, you must demonstrate proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, study design, randomization, stratification, statistical analyses, and matching techniques. Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur. Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate technical concepts, analytic findings, and implications to business partners, as well as experience pulling and presenting information.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years experience of progressively complex related experience with observational and randomized study design, causal inference, and predictive modeling methodologies
- 3+ years experience with extensive experience using tools such as SAS, R, or Python to deploy quantitative techniques ranging from descriptive statistics to data mining to deep analytics and predictive modeling
- 3+ years experience writing SQL code (by using command line or tools/languages like Aginity, SAS, R, Python) to extract and organize data from various data sources (e.g. Hadoop, Netezza, DB2)
- 5+ years of progressively complex related experience
- Healthcare industry and clinical knowledge desired
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Bachelor's degree, plus 4+ years of experience OR Master's Degree, plus 3+ years of experience
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.