Regulatory demands and the focus on Markets Surveillance have intensified globally. As a result, the global Trade Surveillance Technology team at Citi has an increased book of work that requires additional business lines, countries, and more sophisticated surveillance methods to be delivered using our strategic platforms. These platforms allow users to monitor trading activity across multiple asset classes and information barriers, on real time, end of day, and historic lookup bases for indications of potential Market Abuse, Insider Dealing, and other types of fraud. As we further expand global coverage and deliver more sophisticated Behavioral Analytics based solutions, we are seeking a programmer Analyst to join the team in Pune.
The successful candidate must have extensively worked on data driven projects and have some exposure to simple statistical methods. You will be part of a team responsible for producing behavioral models using both existing methodologies and statistical (heuristic) techniques to assist our Global Compliance stakeholders in meeting growing regulatory surveillance requirements.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to become a key player in the design, prototype, and implementation of new industry leading surveillance techniques based on advanced data analytics and behavioral analytics.
- Review business and functional requirements
- Assist in producing high quality prototypes to demonstrate the viability of the solution
- Work with developers, data analysts, business analysts and architects to guide the implementation and validation of the solutions at scale in a big data production environment
- Review the model output results with business leads
- Explain the approach to teams less familiar with the principals and techniques utilized.
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower-level analysts
- Identify problems, analyze information, and make evaluative judgements to recommend and implement solutions
- 5 to 7 years of total experience with 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with Python and the various python libraries related to data analysis
- Good to have knowledge of Big Data technologies; Hive, Hadoop, spark
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries
- Ability to work as part of a global team and help effectively manage a project from initiation to completion, keeping people informed of the progress and dealing with issues proactively and transparently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to express ideas to people from various business and technology backgrounds
In addition, the following will be a distinct advantage:
- Experience with Capital Markets traded products
- Demonstrable knowledge of data processing and data mining
- Outstanding attention to detail, and determination to deliver robust and complete solutions
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting