Senior IT Systems Engineer
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
((Job title - (Key Skill or Geography))
We're looking for an Data Engineer
candidate with experience in IICS, IDQ, ETL to join our team in Bangalore.
You will report to the Director, IT.
Technology You'll Use
IICS, IDQ, ETL
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
- Establish a high trust partnership between the data team, business functions, and other IT groups.
- Develop & implement extremely complicated mappings, workflows, task-flows, APIs using Informatica products.
- Write/understand complex queries on different databases such as Azure SQL DB, ADLS Gen 2, to implement Business functionalities.
- Orchestrate the jobs via Unix scripts & implement perf improvement strategies.
- Use crontab as scheduler (or similar) to run jobs at different intervals not available out of the box.
- Understand cloud-based technologies such as SFDC, Oracle Cloud.
- Oversee the day-to-day of the Data Engineering team that will build the enterprise Data Platform.
- Retain and improve the data-engineering skills needed to deliver our technology roadmap and establish practices for delivering engineering excellence.
- Uncover better ways of developing data pipelines by doing it and helping others.
- Lead agile delivery, and together with aligned Scrum Masters and Product Owners, develop self-directed, innovative, and agile teams.
- Develop unit vision, strategies, critical success factors.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for junior members on the team.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Excelled debugging and triaging skills including performance tuning and identifying bottlenecks
- Present design reviews & code walkthroughs to technical team and incorporating review comments and creating KB articles for team, etc.
What We'd Like to See
- Basic knowledge of project planning methodologies including Agile.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing ETL jobs on data lake, data warehouse or analytic solutions.
- Experience in Python, data science, machine learning, and advanced analytic tools.
- Experience mentoring teams through re-platform or modernization efforts.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong analytics, negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- In-depth Knowledge of Informatica products such as IICS, IDQ & internal architecture of these tools is a must-have hands-on experience of 5 years in ETL.
- Knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques, IT & DWH concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- Knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies
- Experience working on Jupyter Notebook, Databricks, Postman is preferred.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background, we will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement programme to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate ab building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, brings data to life by empowering businesses to realize the transformative power of their most critical assets. We have pioneered the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC) that manages data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, democratising data to advance business strategies. Customers in over 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica. www.informatica.com. Connect with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Where data comes to life.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title:
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag
EEO Employer Verbiage:
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.