Job Description – Instant Ink Program - Data Scientist
About Print Analytics
As part of HP’s R&D Center, the Print Analytics Team works closely with our GBU partners across multiple domains. We provide data-driven actionable insights to influence business decisions.
The Print Analytics Team seeks to deliver insightful analysis derived from a thorough understanding of the data, business & customer environment, utilizing business intelligence tools and advanced analysis methods, as needed.
Our team partners closely with the Instant Ink organization to deliver analytics and insights on our program and partner performance. The Instant Ink program is a ink & toner subscription model offered by HP to its home and SMB customers, in which customers select from different page plans and ink / toner gets home delivered to them as and when their printer detects they are running out of ink/toner.
In order to generate data driven actionable insights, we are looking for a high caliber Data Scientist who can work in close collaboration with cross-functional and cross-regional teams and influence the current and future program roadmap.
Be a subject matter expert, a thought leader and an analytics consultant to the Instant Ink (II) Business Intelligence team.
The core objective of the engagement would be to help the program improve service adoption, retain current users and grow usage for our ink / toner subscription service. The focus of this role would be the delivery of critical information & insights, derived through business & advanced analytics to help build and deliver a world-class CRM system.
This would initially require the creation, maintenance & enhancements of business dashboards to ensure the right data is available to the right people at the right time. In parallel, an analytics roadmap creation is essential, based on which delivery of analytics solutions / POCs will be a key responsibility.
- Close collaboration with Instant Ink team to understand the program in depth and internalize the business challenges and opportunities
- Familiarity with the existing CRM systems, data stack, data sources, dashboards and analysis; leading to roadmap development and execution on how to leverage CRM to support strategic business initiatives
- Developing self-service dashboards that provide great visualization of key business metrics and operational information for executive business reviews
- Effectively tells stories with the data using visualization tools/methods to demonstrate insight impact and business value
- Continuous monitoring and insights delivery on campaign performance and opportunities to improve campaign effectiveness
- Continuous monitoring and insights delivery on customer journey, health and engagement
- Responsible for identifying key trends and factors influencing customer behavior, like adoption, retention, brand loyalty in order to recommend growth opportunities
- Use advanced analytics to build models that help in predicting customer response rate, customer frequency rate, customer life-time value (LTV), etc.
- Conduct customer segmentation to effectively and efficiently educate, convert & grow our active customer base. This includes conversion of HP customers to Instant Ink plans, and upsell / cross sell opportunities within existing II customer base
- Drive long-term business growth by owning the customer lifecycle, including customer acquisition; optimizing contact strategies and promotional strategy; and building loyalty
- Initiate ad-hoc projects based on the business challenges
- Identify, recommend, and implement quality and efficiency improvements to CRM processes
- Maintain proficiency within the data science domain by keeping up with technology and trend shifts.
- Be up to date on the subscription model space, stay informed on competitor offerings, etc. to recommend future strategic initiatives
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in Advanced Analytics (building statistical models, driving data-driven decisions, working on strategic / consulting analytics projects, building data products)
- Advanced statistics background or equivalent for analytical positions (advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, or related degree with deep research background).
- CRM experience preferred, Salesforce experience highly desirable
Qualifications and key skills required:
- Ability to design analytics solutions to address business problems
- Experience in Business Analytics and/or Customer Analytics
- Proficient in R, SAS, SQL programming languages experience
- Experience in designing and managing a Business Intelligence or Analytics Process
- Experience in data analysis and transformation with expert knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, RDBMS and Columnar databases, Statistical analysis and data modeling
- Strong understanding of database technologies and management systems
- Experience with AWS systems, Google analytics is a plus
- Skills on a visualization tools like Looker, Power BI, QlikView or Tableau is a must
- Ability to use creativity to spot trends and tease out patterns in large datasets
- Impeccable Story-Telling skills
- Experience in Big Data analytics and Machine Learning is highly desired
- Ability to influence a data driven business decision
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!