Status: Contract (24-months)
Working Conditions: Hybrid Working Environment
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Bowmanville, ON
Deadline to Apply: May 26, 2022
Ontario Power Generation Inc. continues to set the bar for environmental protection, community involvement and economic impact—all while safely keeping the lights on.
Now we’ve set our sights on being a net-zero carbon company by 2040 and a catalyst to help the economies where we operate achieve net-zero by 2050.
OPG operates a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar. We are also a clean tech leader and innovator, offering challenging and unique work opportunities. Help us use our power to change the world.
BE THE GENERATION to help build a brighter tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a cost and change management professional to join our team in the role of Data Analyst based in our Bowmanville, ON location supporting our Darlington Nuclear Generating Station.
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Section Manager of Construction Analytics through information accumulation, analysis and problem-solving for work planning and control which includes project planning, schedule and cost analysis, and functional support.
Working collaboratively with other team members, the ideal candidate will support reporting and tool development by ensuring optimal data delivery architecture. The right candidate will have the experience and knowledge to create BI dashboards, and reports for the business to help track and evaluate its performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in being Ontario’s low cost electricity generator of choice.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational effectiveness supporting our commercial operations
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Azure cloud 'big data' technologies.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Work with different stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Strong analytical skills to assist in after-the-fact analysis of business operations
- Ensure integrity and security of our cloud infrastructure and data stored within
- Develop and maintain BI dashboards, reports using Microsoft Power BI and Power Automate platforms
- Incorporate user requirements and feedback into the different reports to maximize user satisfaction and engagement
- 4-year University degree, Business, Engineering, or Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Analyst role or equivalent
- Advanced working Excel knowledge and experience working with relational, and non-relational databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal /external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Working within a technical team showcasing strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with object oriented scripting.
- Experience working within an agile project framework
- Experience with labour relations and skilled trades unions is an asset.
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, OPG offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a fast-paced work environment. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to the province’s wellbeing.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province and OPG’s clean electricity is helping decarbonize other sectors.
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- Partner with Indigenous communities and support local businesses.
- We support employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., May 26, 2022. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com