This person will be responsible for statistics, reports, and data-related research, and provide expertise that supports the HR Mission Services strategic initiatives and goals.
Data Mining and Reporting
- Create SQL Queries to provide data and insight to Young Life leadership and departments to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Infor/Lawson HR, Benefits, and Payroll Data
- Background Check/Screening Status Data
- Volunteer Data
- Recruitment Analytics/Data
- Other special requests or miscellaneous mission-wide reporting needs.
Collaborate with HR Information Systems Manager to identify, develop and periodically review internal and external personnel and benefits reporting needs. Work with HR and Benefits functional areas (recruiting, compensation, operations, benefits administration) to report metrics and analyze data.
- Create and maintain databases/spreadsheets for HR and Benefits reporting purposes.
- Maintain the integrity of all HR and Benefits systems information by running queries and analyzing data.
- Ensure any transmission of data is carried-out using secure channels.
- As appropriate, respond to internal requests for HR data.
- Serve as a champion for Data Integrity in HR, notifying department staff of erroneous data requiring corrections.
Statistics and Analysis
- In conjunction with mission leadership, determine how we measure and how we report internally and publicly.
- Design daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports and dashboards that refresh or run automatically to reduce the need for manual report creation.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to design and build data warehouse/dashboards and other real-time information tools to provide needed management information in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with members of the Mission Analytics team to produce mission-wide reports and statistics.
- Review collected data and create/prepare statistical and analytical reports for decision-makers.
- Prepare communications vehicles (slides, documents, and more) to assist key decision-makers in presenting the reports to various internal and external constituencies up to the board level.
- Develop and present new methods of measuring field progress for future usage.
- Lead the development of HR’s business intelligence tools and analytic applications to enable end users to access and analyze data in a data warehouse and multidimensional data marts.
- Maintain and produce existing reports and statistics such as monthly headcount report and attrition report.
- Collaborate with internal communications team to maintain consistent staff and volunteer communication list protocol
- Conduct strategic data analysis upon request for business group leaders.
- Provide historical data where appropriate to data owners.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience Required for The Job:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Desire to learn new (and sometimes old) technologies.
- Ability to manage time spent between project tasks and regular responsibilities.
- Experience in Excel (preferably someone who can do some VBA coding).
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Represent the HR department in a hospitable, professional manner to the mission of Young Life.
- Proven customer service skills and desire to help others.
- Basic understanding of database design, structures, concepts, and best practices.
- 5 years working in a HRIS department
- Experience with Diversity, Equity & Belonging analytical skills.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.