Are you a Data Management Professional looking for your next challenge? Our team is looking for their next team member.
If the opportunity to learn along with support and development in a flexible working environment are high on your list of priorities, then this could be just the position for you!
Working within Data Management Team who are responsible for :
Translating, onboarding and validating client data and ensuring storage in consistent format.
First point of contact for all data issues in the branch
Supporting various functions within the business on specialist data and reporting needs.
Producing data analysis and reports for internal and external clients
General Duties & Tasks:
- Develop and manage data transformation scripts used for various client data.
- Data cleansing, profiling, mapping and mining.
- Develop and support various ad-hoc reporting needs for both external and internal clients.
- Support business requirement gathering activities especially on their data and reporting needs.
- Ensure data stored in consistent format and in line with treaty arrangements
- Support and improve where possible tools used in the team.
- Determining, monitoring and reporting the quality of client data.
- Liaison with internal and external clients to fully understand data content to maximise the benefits to the business, uncovering possible weaknesses and working for their correction.
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements for data using appropriate tools and techniques, and ensure these are agreed at all levels throughout the business.
Key Skills and Experience Essential
- Data analysis and data management skills
- VBA, SQL Server and MS Excel and Access
- High level of numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to investigate data issues and apply cost benefit analysis
- Remote working set-up
- Understanding of insurance /reinsurance business
- Technical / commercial knowledge of Longevity business
- R, Python and/or other Data Science syntax and knowledge
- Power BI or other Business Intelligence software knowledge.
- Experience of performing data audits
- Demonstrable experience of working with relational databases e.g. Oracle and/or SQL
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
Degree in Mathematics or related subject or relevant equivalent
Excellent problem solving skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently and take ownership for delivery of client requirements
Well organised, with ability to multi-task and prioritise work efficiently
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave along with private medical insurance and employers contributory pension of 10%. We offer a hybrid working policy with a mix of working from home at our London office.
You will work in an environment where we think big: Change and culture are continuously role-modelled. We create and articulate a compelling and ambitious shared purpose, vision and direction. We pave the way towards success and see failure as learning
You are going to experience that we care & dare: We are empathetic. We know when to lead and know when to let others lead. We attract, grow and coach future leaders
We communicate in a clear & authentic way: We interact with a positive and humble spirit. We solicit feedback, ask and listen, learn and unlearn
You will grow with your clients: Whatever our role, we support business, in an efficient and effective way, to create value for our clients. We embrace new ways of working using digitalisation to deliver solutions
We lead the We: We have a passion for winning and growing as a team. We inspire people to be capable of joint performance. We create an inclusive environment where different thoughts, generations, cultures and experiences are valued and encouraged
Munich Re is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
Lauren Tyrer - email@example.com