Application Developer ML, Machine Learning Engineer (m/f/d) *
for the Central Division Information Technology; Business Technology
Munich , Germany
The department IT Business Technology is responsible for successful consulting on, bundling, management and design of IT innovation solutions in close cooperation with the business divisional units and departments, and central divisions in Munich Re (Group), as well as with other IT units. The subsection Data&AI is responsible for Munich Re’s “Big Data and Analytics Platform” and specific data and AI based solutions. As well as the successful implementation and operational transfer of specific use cases, its areas of responsibility include the underlying Azure based Big Data & Analytics Platform and the execution of consulting tasks. It also interfaces closely with our different reinsurance units globally and at group level (particularly ERGO, MEAG).
- We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer (to join our IT Data & AI team) who can bring machine learning models into production together with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, data scientists, project managers, service managers and subject domain experts.
- The candidate should have good command on a range of different machine learning disciplines, e.g. search ranking, natural language processing, classification, fraud detection and others.
- The position involves taking these skills and applying them to exciting and data and analytics problems within the insurance industry.
- We are looking for a machine learning engineer to help build ML-based systems, tools, and services that serve as infrastructure for our internal and external clients
- As a software expert for complex systems, you will be responsible for applying the use of technology, machine learning and data to enable the productivity of our clients.
- You will help envision, build, deploy and develop our next generation of data engines in collaboration with a team of experts within IT and other departments in the organization.
- You will collaborate closely with a team of expert data scientists to bring state of the art machine learning models to productive use. The job supports the end to end management of the model lifecycle including DevOps practices and CI/CD capabilities.
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics or in a highly related area
- 3 years of experience in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Very good experience in implementing machine learning and deep learning applications as well as building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning
- Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques (KNN, random forest, Bayesian statistics etc.)
- Experience with Python applied to machine learning
- Strong skills in parallel processing technologies and languages: Databricks, etc.
- Experience with microservice architectures and distributed systems strongly preferred
- Strong command of DevOps technologies and processes: Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD
- Cloud-Native Architectures, preferably in Azure
- Highly result oriented and structured
- Fluency in German and English are required
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
Apply now! Apply for this Job!