100 King Street West
Supporting the CIOO (Chief Information and Operations Officer) of the Technology & Operations (T&O) Personal & Business Banking (P&BB) and Wealth Management team, the business management function provides support for strategy, business analysis, reporting and financial governance to help the group meet its strategic and financial objectives.
The Senior Data Analyst is a key member of this team, who focuses on driving forward a reporting & analytics strategy & culture across the group.
- Leads building performance dashboards and analytics across the group.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the team and other internal functions (finance, HR, etc.) to translate KPIs into the development and maintenance of reporting/visuals/dashboards that will help drive a culture of transparency & performance across the group.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess ongoing performance against objectives.
- Collaborate with systems owners to extract, clean and manipulate data from multiple systems into reporting objects for analysis.
- Performs data mining, trend and predictive analysis leading to leadership decision support capabilities.
- Ensures that the data is well-organized/understood in the right context to enable business decisions.
- Cultivates strong relationships with the broader team to ensure that reporting purpose & requirements are well-known & well-understood.
- Develops and champions best practices within area of expertise.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology & operations.
- Stays abreast of industry trends through peer networks, self-learning, etc.
- Generally 4 to 5 years of relevant combined and diverse experience in Business Analytics, Statistics, Project Management &/or Operations, with demonstrated record of solid achievement and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business.
- Experience in working with Data visualization tools primarily Power BI, building interactive reports, complex dashboards for different audiences, creating calculated KPIs or metrics by writing complex formulas
- Knowledge of technical/business environment, including but not limited to:
- Understanding and knowledge of the use of Microsoft technology and applications in business.
- Understanding of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design within the context of the organizational standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience working in both strategic and tactical space, across executive and operational levels in the organization.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated success on independently leading/delivering on project objectives
- Drive to learn: willingness to self-learn to continue growing both technical skills and business environment knowledge
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.