You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.Job Description:
This is a 12-Month contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Capabilities and Insights, the Senior Data Analyst role is responsible for supporting the Business Governance and Controls (BG&C) team in the evolution of its data needs. As part of the Digital Insights and Capabilities team, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this transformation focusing on automation, data insights and data visualization. The responsibilities of the role include working with business partners, assessing data solutioning needs, designing and creating new tools and technology.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Partner with various business partners to gather requirements, design and deliver data and technical solutions
- Create dashboards and data solutions that enhances the reporting and capabilities of the BG&C team
- Partner with other internal data focused teams to find efficiencies and ensure similar approach
- Support and help drive various BG&C projects and initiatives to completion
What’s in it for you?
- Skilled in writing complex queries to extract and integrate data from multiple database sources
- Demonstrated experience in coding including SAS, SQL & VBA
- Strong knowledge of data visualization software such as Tableau or alternative
- Analytical mindset with a focus on the larger picture of how various data elements interact
- Ability to present complex technical information to key stakeholders with varying levels of knowledge
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate an owner's mindset when approaching work, including prioritizing efforts, owning the work plan, and keeping key stakeholders informed
- A suitable academic background, such as a degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or economics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of work experience in a focused data driven capacity
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® award for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork
- 2022 Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work
- 2021 Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Salary Range:
76,000/76 000 - 125,000/125 000Job Category:
Business Analysis - ProcessPosting End Date: