- Category: R&D
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Remote or Hybrid
We are seeking an enviromentall passionate and solutions minded Environmental & LCA Analyst to provide subject matter expertise for the science of measuring our environmental impacts and ensuring company disclosures are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with reporting requirements. This newly created position responsible for providing technical advice, guidance, and oversight for all environmental program projects, analyses, and studies within our ESG program to support our sustainability efforts.
You will leverage your strong analytical background and previous experience to plan, communicate, and execute projects effectively across our global organization while keeping abreast of changes in science, methods, data sources, analytical tools, etc.
This role is a remote position located in the U.S., U.K. or Europe.What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Construct and maintain the Organizational Life Cycle Assessment methodology, tools and resources necessary to conduct periodic O-LCA studies in compliance with ISO standards, utilizing methods and data sources widely adopted by environmental scientists, including conventional data analytics, ecoinvent database of reference data and related tools.
- Employ the O-LCA modeling tool to conduct scenario studies in order to determine the likely effect of potential initiatives, product design, manufacturing processes, energy source changes, etc., on the environmental impacts of the company’s products and operations.
- Perform specific product Life Cycle Assessments as required, across the spectrum of the company’s range of products and SKUs.
- Evaluate and select environmental service providers, in collaboration with broad cross functional stakeholders such as R&D, IT, corporate accounting, etc. Responsible for data acquisition/analysis/reporting platform (carbon accounting), circular supply chain data platform with a main purpose to Construct and maintain the Organizational Life Cycle Assessment methodology, tools and resources necessary to conduct periodic O-LCA studies in compliance with ISO standards, utilizing methods and data sources widely adopted by environmental scientists, including conventional data analytics, ecoinvent database of reference data and related tools.
- In partnership with cross-functional teams, obtain the necessary data from supply chain partners, internal supply chain professionals, accounting, human resources and other relevant data sources to populate the O-LCA analytical tools.
- Write technical reports and briefs for management and other professionals.
- Act as the platform administrator for the data acquisition, analytics and reporting tool(s) implemented by the company; act as partner with other database and platform administrators with which the environmental measurement system must interact.
- Coordinate external technical service providers who may be engaged with the company to complete studies, perform product design services, assess impacts, etc.
- Support the periodic composition of the company’s ESG Report, contributing the segments related to environmental impact goals, programs and activities.
- Plans, communicates and executes projects and effectively coordinates all involved parties, both internal staff and external service providers; completes projects within budget and time constraints. Presents verbal and written reports and presentations to various parties as required, in a concise, yet complete structure so that decisions can be effectively made based on the results of the research obtained.
- Provides technical coaching and talent development mentorship. Contributes to the professional development of any other R&D team member as opportunities arise and the need is evident.
- Degree in science chemistry, environmental science, physics or closely related field, ideally.
- Demonstrated ability to self-teach and develop higher levels of scientific skill and knowledge with no guidance
- Specific ongoing education in methods and resources related to conducting Life Cycle Assessments and utilization of relevant professional tools
- 3-5 years working in directly related assignments, preferably involving products and/or processes applicable in maintenance chemical applications with delivery systems and primary packaging formats close to the company’s range of product types
- 5 plus years’ experience in the field of environmental science related to conducting product LCAs, Org., LCAs and the operation of carbon accounting analytical tools using ISO methods and accepted data sources
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams, as an independent contributor, successfully influencing outcomes
Salary is determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data
- Generous benefits and retirement contributions
- Annual cash incentive rewards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short-day Fridays
- Paid holidays, including winter shut down
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our why is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.Why You Should Apply
Do You Align With Our Values?
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day
.Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.