Are you passionate about healthcare and looking for a place where you can have tangible impacts in a Fortune 5 company? Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class infrastructure to create data science solutions and drive business performance? CVS Health’s Analytics & Behavior Change organization is focused on delivering strategically impactful and innovative programs to grow our business and help our members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
About the team: The Growth Data Science team helps supercharge CVS Health’s bold growth missions by pairing the best-in-class data science solutions with focused growth strategies. The team works with business partners and peer teams for identifying growth opportunities and bridge the need through measurable advanced data science solutions.
About the position: Senior Data Scientist (Machine learning) is a perfect role for analytically minded individuals with skills in both data science and consulting. In this role you will work directly with internal leaders to understand their needs via consultative problem solving, develop machine learning/deep learning models using vast data sets. Afterward, you will deliver strategic actionable insights to stakeholders with verbal and written communication. If you’re well-rounded, you’ll thrive.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data at million-record scale to solve strategic marketing problems. Translates technical finding into tangible business solution and supports business team though out the implementation process.
- Manages stakeholder relationships. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information and create new or enhanced business solutions.
- Leads cross-functional projects from data exploration, model building, deployment to business implementation and impact measurement, utilizing machine learning/deep learning techniques, statistical methods and specialized expertise in the organization and industry
- Improves and upgrades productionized models based on performance and business needs.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location. Required Qualifications
COVID RequirementsCOVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- 3+ years of progressive experience as an applied data scientist.
- 3+ years of hands-on modeling experience using statistical, machine learning or deep learning methods; Experience on recommendation system is a plus.
- 3+ years programming experience with Python (or R) and SQL.
- 2+ years of experience of business stakeholder engagement or analytical project management.
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Spark, Dask, H2O, DataRobot and GCP environment is a plus.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning,
statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas in a marketing/Acquisition/Retention context Education
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
Master’s degree or PhD preferred Business Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.