You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford's Enterprise Data Organization is seeking a Data Engineer . We are seeking a talented professional with a proven track record of engineering and operationalizing a next generation analytics solution suite using Cloud (AWS) and Big Data Technologies. Our ideal candidate will leverage deep technical expertise and strong communication skills to support advanced analytics support for Personal Lines, Commercial Lines and Claims Operations. This Data Engineer will work directly with business operations to transform the customer experience and reduce the cost of contact center operations.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of customer journey, propensity and intent analytics which will leading to desirable outcomes with superior customer experience.
- Collaborates and works closely with stakeholders, product owner, and development team to apply advanced analytics techniques to analyze data, validate assumptions, and present results to leadership.
- Extracts and manipulates data from various databases in Oracle, SQL, and Hadoop into information fit for further analysis leveraging R or Python
- Implement the transformation roadmap for Enterprise Business Operations using a new data reference architecture leveraging AWS, Snowflake and Big Data (HDFS, Hive, Spark,Pyspark)
- Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering and mathematical techniques. Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary
- Performs analytical data discovery and to reveal value-added insight through better understanding of data by working on ad-hoc and reoccurring analyses.
- Design and develop high quality, scalable software modules for next generation analytics solution suite
- Prototype high impact innovations, catering to changing business needs, by leveraging new technologies (AWS – Cloud and Big Data)
- Collaborates within the agile team to support data needs and team members’ analytics.
- Natural curiosity with a strong desire to learn, maintain, and apply knowledge of emerging
- Data technologies, tools, methodology, and general best practices
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management. Knowledge of effective communication strategies and how to impact and influence others
- 3+ years ETL / Data Integration / Big Data / Cloud (AWS) Technologies experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related field
- AWS / Big Data Technologies certification preferred
- Experience required in at least three of the following platforms: Oracle, SQL, Hadoop, Snowflake or AWS.
- Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Spark SQL, Presto, Hive)
- Experience required in Tableau, R or Python.
- Strong data warehouse applications knowledge in financial/insurance domain
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership/accountability, and results oriented with the ability to manage time and schedules effectively
- GB insurance industry experience a plus
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$90,320 - $135,480
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Data Engineer - GE08AE