Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
Preferred location: Milwaukee based – hybrid (3 days office, 2 days remote)
Other locations: Madison, Minnesota, Illinois, and Michigan (occasional travel into the office to support team engagements).
How will you make an impact?
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to deliver high quality, maintainable and scalable data solutions. The Senior Data Engineer will partner with solution architects and other data engineers to develop our enterprise analytics data platform through new and updated data pipelines leveraging shared components and aligning to standards and best practices. This role is focused on collecting data from internal and external sources and transforming it into usable information for the business including data scientists and data analysts.
- Deliver high quality data assets to be used by the business to transform business processes and to enable leaders to make data-driven decisions
- Continuously improve data solutions to increase quality, speed of delivery and trust of data engineering team’s deliverables to enable business outcomes
- Reduce total cost of ownership of solutions by developing shared components and implementing best practices and coding standards
Do you have what it takes?
- Ability to translate data engineering designs into working code
- Data analysis and data engineering pipeline experience including design, development, and support
- Experience with AWS services or cloud data offerings including S3, Lambda, EMR, Dynamo DB, Glue, Snowflake and/or other data technologies.
- Experience with coding in Python, PySpark, and Terraform
- Experience with DevOps practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Infrastructure as Code to deliver end-to-end automation of data delivery.
- Ability to train and mentor junior data engineers.
- Experience with Agile engineering practices including the scrum framework.
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
- Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
- Financial Benefits (401k with company match, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
- On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
- Paid-time off and paid company holidays
- Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.