Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Data Security Engineer to join our Digital Nexus technology organization. This is a remote work opportunity.
- Monitor and recommend improvements; perform optimization and tuning, as well as ongoing capacity monitoring
- Onboard new systems and environments to security monitoring services (i.e. both internal tools and third-party services)
- Document processes and procedures in the form of playbooks and reference guides
- Stay abreast of the latest information security controls, practices, techniques and capabilities in the marketplace
- Provide input to business cases and presentations to senior IT leadership of proposed security products and studies; produce operating metrics and key performance indicators
- Serve as a subject matter expert for security monitoring and incident response related knowledge domain and tools
- Minimum five years of recent, relevant experience providing engineering of on premises and cloud security monitoring implementations with familiarity of cloud computing concepts and top-tier cloud providers; experience in security monitoring, security operations and incident response activities, preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience; CISSP and either CCSP or CCSK are preferred; other certifications of importance: MCSE, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Security Control Monitoring
- Experience developing SIEM content/use cases with specific experience writing content rules
- Ability to lead meetings, divide responsibilities and influence people to take action to assist in the resolution of security incidents; strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work; strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
- Understanding of network protocol analysis, public key infrastructure, SSL, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory, Linux, open source software, scripting, SQL and software programming
- US Citizenship is required; This is a remote work opportunity; Candidates must be able to perform work during the Eastern or Central time zones regular business hours
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.