Full-time & PermanentReports to:
Dubai, UAE (We provide visa sponsorship & relocation assistance)
Annual Base Salary range of 100,000 USD – 200,000 USD
+ performance-based bonus' - 0% tax environment + an opportunity to join our employee share schemeAbout Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities - we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways. With the right performance and potential, you could be managing the power desk for an entire country within eighteen months in your role. Come join our dream team!Cobblestone Values
What We Offer In This Role
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence
- A full-time position on our Commercial team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term
We are seeking a highly experienced Lead Data Scientist to join us. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in data science and a proven track record in the short-term power or gas markets.
As a leader in the analytics team, the Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for driving our data-driven strategy and leveraging data to inform business decisions. The individual will work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders to identify and prioritize key business initiatives and develop data-driven solutions to support them.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a data-driven strategy for the company that aligns with overall business goals
- Lead the analytics team and manage the day-to-day operations of the team
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders to identify and prioritize key business initiatives
- Develop data-driven solutions to support key business initiatives
- Use data to inform business decisions and drive growth
- Stay up to date on industry trends and advancements in data science
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data science
- Proven track record of directly owning or supporting PnL generating trading activities across the short-term power or gas markets.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field
If you are a data science professional with a passion for the power and gas markets with a track record of supporting PnL generating activities, we would like to hear from you. Apply today to join our dynamic team and make a real impact on our business.