What is the opportunity?
The exponential growth of our global digital landscape has resulted in a rapidly increasing threat surface. In tandem, threat actors are attacking with increasing scale, sophistication and automation. Traditional solutions, mostly based on signatures and predetermined rules, are therefore incapable of handling complex threat scenarios. Moreover, they lack the required scalability, contextual information and sufficient transparency into events and activities, which are essential for carrying out an effective investigation. To overcome these challenges, the JSOC program at the RBC takes an alternative approach by leveraging advanced Machine Learning techniques and big data technologies to model and predict the behavior of clients, users and/or devices from the data, hence delivering Proactive Threat Detection and Response.
What will you do?
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand the problem statement/business objective and accordingly develop machine learning algorithms to identify these complex threat scenarios that are able to evade traditional detection tools.
- Prototype the algorithms for execution in the Hadoop environment, GPU and cloud environments.
- Work with business stakeholders, internal and external QA to ensure that the final product is of the highest quality and is able to meet pre-defined business objects.
- Collaborate with application development and data engineering team to deploy a scalable batch/real-time model to production.
- Support the development of a proactive approach to threat detection and/or misuse identification.
- Train and mentor junior employees when applicable.
- Participate in Proof of Concept or Proof of Technology projects to evaluate cybersecurity technologies and platforms.
- Operate third-party technologies to analyze security data and identify threats and misuse cases, and evaluate capabilities of those technologies.
- Participate in the creation of detailed plans and accurate estimates towards the development, testing, and implementation of proactive threat detection capabilities.
- Contribute to successful completion of projects by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
What do you need to succeed?
- A background in Computer Science, Computational Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Solid knowledge of general Machine Learning concepts both in theory and application and experience with advanced topics like Deep Learning, NLP, etc.
- Experience with data preprocessing, feature and representation learning, and anomaly/outlier detection.
- Advanced programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, R, Scala.
- Experience with big data processing technologies like Spark.
- Knowledge of Parallel Programming and High-Performance Computing.
- Knowledge of network and information security.
- Knowledge of the Hadoop and GPU ecosystem.
- Advanced programming skills in one or more of the following languages: PyTorch, TensorFlow.
- Ability to develop statistical tests and run controlled trials.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 310 FRONT STREET WEST
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/31/2022
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 442953