Are you experienced in building advanced analytics solutions and machine learning models for better decision making, and looking to apply your expertise in a collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment?
We are looking for an experienced data scientist with a passion for addressing business needs through data analysis and building data-driven solutions. You’ll work side-by-side with internal partners across commercial, clinical, and general administrative areas to develop creative solutions that contribute meaningfully to our business and help us deliver for our patients.
An opportunity exists for a Data Scientist in the Laboratory Informatics team supporting our client, a leading global pharmaceutical manufacturer. The position has global coverage and will be based in Ireland but can be performed in a remote working environment. You will report to a managing data scientist and be positioned on an existing team of several data scientists, analysts, and a program manager.
The Laboratory Informatics team enables its customers by enhancing the value of the Quality Control function for our client’s manufacturing and R & D processes.What Will You Do
Education And Level Of Experience
- Develops strategies and requirements to use artificial intelligence and automation to enhance business decisions.
- Develop visualization and key performance indexes to understand effectiveness of marketing and guide marketing decisions.
- Proactively identify gaps and opportunities for sales and marketing teams and use data to generate leads and to drive revenue.
- Effectively respond to requests for ad hoc analyses.
- Work with the stakeholders to build reporting to drive desired business results.
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of meaningful experience in data science, analytics, statistics, applied math or related or master’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience.Type Of Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Pharmaceutical business analytics required, QC analytics experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Python (or PySpark) and SQL
- AWS/Cloud Computing or Azure experience preferred.
- Exposure to a variety of operating systems and computing platforms preferred.
- Extracting data from multiple sources, cleaning and validating for duplicates and other anomalies
- Employing math and statistics into algorithms to generate real-time predictive systems.
- Align and adapt business problems to the most efficient machine learning algorithm.
- Write code from scratch to create solutions that don’t align with any available turnkey package.
- Selecting and explaining the best analytical technique for the problem
- Understanding how to create a computationally efficient solution.
- Accurately manage data coming from multiple domestic and international sources
- Proactively create solutions as opportunities are identified.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects to complete responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must embrace team spirit and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including communication across business areas and with global team.
- Design, develop & productionalize data driven solutions.
- Collaborate with data engineering team to build and optimize data pipelines.
- Communicate insights and results to stakeholders through clear and concise presentations.