Butlr is striving to make interior environments more people-aware. We have developed a breakthrough people sensing product and platform that uses wireless, thermal sensors to detect human presence and activity. Our product quickly and affordably understands the usage of space, and preserves the anonymity of human identity. Our product is incapable of capturing personally identifiable information.
Through the combination of privacy, ease of installation, time to value, and the lowest cost of ownership on market, our product is used by our customers and partners to provide spatial intelligence data and insights to make data-driven decisions in real estate. Added benefits include a reduction in wasted space, building-use efficiency, and a better employee experience. Senior living and healthcare settings are using our product to increase wellness and the standard of care.About the Job:
Come join us to accelerate your career as a Data Scientist. Our Data Science team is working on some new ideas for future products and refining our existing production systems. Your role will help shape the technology that we are creating by bringing your new ideas on how to parse, classify and consider our data.Responsibilities:
- Bring yourself up to speed on the problems we need to solve.
- Develop methods to classify data on our new, next generation sensors.
- Develop code to analyze, filter, and train ML models for experimental and production use.
- You have a degree in Engineering from a 4 year university or equivalent.
- You have 1 year of experience working in a technology company (internships count).
- You have strong problem solving skills and you are specifically able to take problems that are not well defined or understood, research and document them, develop solutions, and lead a team to execute them.
- You have the ability to organize the collection, parsing, and storage of large data sets. You will take large datasets and distill them down to get useful information out of them.
- Strong communication skills - you need to be able to articulate what you have done, what you are thinking, and what the problems are.
- You are a lifelong learner and constantly are researching new methods and technologies
- You know how to take responsibility for failures and realize that is part of growth.
- You are a self-starter and independent and you take on initiative to understand problems or potential problems and understand/resolve them.
Why working at Butlr is great!
- World class team with low ego
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
We are building a culture that puts people first! We're a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, developing the skills of our team members, promoting from within, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!Disclaimers:
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.