- Join and shape a growing Pricing and Revenue Management Team at Jetstar Technology
- Flexible working options available
- Permanent role based in our Collingwood head office in Melbourne CBD
Jetstar thrives on innovation! We are always looking to employ ambitious and proactive professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice. What’s more, this role will see you working as part of a broader group Jetstar and Qantas structure.
The Data Scientist will form a core part of the PRM function within Jetstar. This role will perform analysis on our rich data set to drive powerful insight and create competitive advantage in our markets.
The Data Scientist will work very closely to the Senior Analysts in Pricing & Revenue Management, across the Qantas group, the Ancillary team and the Data Analytics team in order to define pricing elasticity and ideal price points.
This role will be heavily involved in enabling the successful implementation and continual enhancements of a new data science driven forecasting and optimisation system for Jetstar.
In addition to the above, in the role you will be required to:
- Analyse, identify and describe relationships and patterns in data
- Stretch yourself to enhance current data science forecasting and price optimisation models or discover and create new technology and methodologies
- Pro-actively identify commercially valuable opportunities and define related hypotheses
- Discuss data meaning and complexity with peers throughout the business
- Actively engage stakeholders in the organization to understand their business problem, their data requirements and what they are looking to achieve
- Own processes and systems created from start to finish, leaning to more efficient and automated processes
- Work alongside the Pricing and Revenue Management team across Jetstar and Qantas
- Key role in supporting the culture of data-driven, customer centric decision making across Jetstar
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Tertiary degree (or equivalent experience) in a highly analytical discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering)
- Minimum three years’ experience in competitive consumer retail markets such as energy, financial services, insurance, telecommunications or airlines
- Proven track record of leading the Analytics capability within a data-driven environment
- Proficient with statistical test methods (T-test, ANOVA, A/B testing methods)
- Strong problem-solving skills, commercial acumen and negotiating skills
- Ability to present insights and analysis in non-technical language and influence senior decision makers within the business
- Familiarity with cloud environment (eg AWS) and ability to analyse large sets of data
- Demonstrable experience with programming languages for machine learning (SQL, Python, R, MATLAB, etc.)
- Proficient with advanced analytical techniques such as classification, regression and similarity matching and other machine learning and data science techniques.
- First class communication and presentation skills and the ability to inspire a highly functional team
This is a challenging role and we will expect great results from the successful applicants. In return you will get to be part of a smart, driven, high performing team with real opportunities for you to make your mark and build your career within a great organisation in an exciting industry.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Applications close on the 8th of February
Please note: applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.