Data Scientist II (Remote)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Genetic Sciences Division: GSD Genetic Testing Solutions
Clinical On-Market Support
How will you make an impact?
As Scientist II of the On-Market Support Team for the Clinical Genetic Testing Solutions Group in Thermo Fisher, you will be responsible for supporting the R&D Troubleshooting and Support function for post market surveillance in the clinical group. You will be contributing to a team of scientists to developing processes and mechanisms that facilitate continual improvement of our products and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction for all released products. You will perform data analysis focused on product improvements and troubleshooting to resolve field problems in a timely manner and work with the quality team to ensure good practices are followed for post market surveillance of our products.
What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- The Data Scientist II, Clinical Vertical On market product will support R&D activities in executing analysis to monitor and drive continuous improvements to our portfolio of products that have been launched for infectious disease testing.
- Be an expert in interpretation of qPCR multiplex assay data
- Interpret results and identify next steps to facilitate data-driven decisions
- As a contributor to executing analysis, the scientist II will bridge benchwork and clear documentation. Working alongside scientists, this individual will gather data which will help in troubleshooting and inform design and development of diagnostic products
- Execute clinical sample (data) analysis, qPCR assay and experiment results and optimization.
- Work across functions to help provide insight on how generated results drive system design and workflow decisions within the system
- Collaborate, motivate, and drive product design excellence across internal cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
Bachelors in Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline; postgraduate degree (Masters) is highly preferredExperience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist
- 1+ years of product development experience (biotechnology industry preferred)
- Strong hands on data analytics, statistical modeling, and classifiers experience
- Data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Excellent programming skills in C++, Java or Python
- Experience utilizing Matlab, JMP, R, or SPSS
- Prior experience with US-FDA 510k product development/submission, 21 CFR Part 11, and ISO 13485 is highly preferred
- Understanding of clinical trial design and evaluation
- Knowledge in Molecular Biology, Clinical Diagnostics
- Strong understanding of qPCR and amplification curve data
- Ability to present and communicate data analysis results to non-experts
- Proven expertise in data analysis and collation of data from diverse sources. Strong experience in qPCR and molecular diagnostics preferred
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining CE-IVD and/or FDA approval of IVD products (preferably molecular diagnostics) a plus
- Ability to think critically and desire to drive constant improvement
- Highly data-driven/detail oriented with an ability to analyze and interpret results
- Ability to adapt to change and take on unexpected challenges
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple/changing projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel up to 10%, domestic or internationally
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.