A job at Sasol
is a career made by you, with purpose, development opportunities, benefits to support every stage of life and a working culture that embraces flexibility, diversity, and inclusion. Learn more.
Purpose of Job
The Data Engineer works as part of an agile team, interacts with data scientists/translators and industry experts to understand how data needs to be converted, loaded and presented. Collects, structures, analyses data and ensures quality. Responsible for the definition, conception, construction, and ongoing support of big data platforms and solutions.Recruitment Description / Key Accountabilities
- Integrate IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology) Systems.
- Use programming languages and big data technologies following best practices and standards
- Understands latest analytics tools and technologies (open source/ proprietary/ vendor supported) and determines fit with current architecture
- Building and maintaining data pipelines that move data between various systems.
- Ensuring data quality, integrity and security
- Monitoring and optimizing data performance
- Collaborate with technical teams to develop and maintain a flexible and sustainable workflow.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Data Scientists, Data Translators, and other Business Stakeholders to implement and deploy scalable solutions in an agile way of working; actively participate in scrum process and meetings with team where required
- Assist with communication, improve transparency, radiate information, and address challenges effectively
University Bachelors Degree in Computer Science & Inf Systems or Engineering: Computer
Experience: 5+ relevant years
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience in building complex data pipelines using Cloud Services, REST APIs, SQL Databases. Python and SQL skills are are required. Experience in Azure ADF, Synapse or Databricks are beneficial.
- Knowlege of Cloud Computing and Infrastructure, Data Models and Standards, Database Administration, Plant Information Management Systems, ERP Systems, Networking and Protocols, Security and Compliance, Change Managemnt, Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting are a plus.
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.