We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).Be a Part Of a Team Where You Will
Design, implement, and maintain Data Products that produce business-critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technologies and engines for large-scale data analytics, with a particular emphasis on data-intensive applications and event-driven architecture. This role requires strong software engineering skills combined with data analytics expertise. This is our tech stack: SQL, Python, Java, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Datadog…
Raise the bar on best practices and technical quality standards for Glovo, contributing to the technical decisions across all teams and also making impactful contributions to our code base.
Provide guidance, mentorship, and training for junior Data Engineers.You Have
- +3 years of experience working in data engineering, with a strong software engineering background
- Experience designing and building scalable and robust data pipelines to enable data-driven business decisions, as well as developing event-driven high-throughput data integration systems
- Proficiency and experience with Python, SQL, pipelines orchestration (Airflow), distributed data processing engines (Spark), event streaming (Kafka) containerized apps (Docker), cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Strong understanding of software development best practices and promoter of agile methodologies
- Experience in gathering requirements and creating data modeling designs
- Excellent spoken and written English
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits
- Experience with JVM languages (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Github Actions, Jenkins)
- Experience with the Data Mesh approach
- Experience with Microservice architecture
What You’ll Find When Working At Glovo
- Competitive Pay and Enticing Equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products
- Zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need)
- Flexible working model - Combining 2 days a week working from home and up to 3 weeks a year working from abroad
- Enhanced parental leave, including nursery support
- Wellbeing via free online therapy and emotional support solutions
- External learning opportunities
- Office fun activities from drinks to cinema nights!
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance