Hartford, CT, Raleigh, NC or Remote, United States work from home.
Cigna’s Global Data & Analytics organization offers solutions that provide actionable insights to internal and external business partners and customers to reduce health costs, improve outcomes, and measure and forecast business performance.
In this role, you will work closely with customer advocacy and personalization strategy, product, operations and IT stakeholders to understand their strategy and provide recommendations on making data-driven decisions to meet their business objectives. The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for conducting advanced analytics, research activities and clinical program evaluations in efforts to provide a positive customer engagement experience leading to positive health outcomes.
You will work both independently and collaboratively within the Customer Data Science team and business stakeholders, exercising professional judgment and initiative, and accountability for the delivery and reliability of their work.
So, you’re interested in becoming the newest member of this team? Great choice! Let’s check some boxes to see if you fit the bill:
- Perform advanced trend analytics to answer “ what happened?”
- Conduct root cause statistical analyses to answer “ why did this happen?”
- Develop predictive models to answer “ what will happen next?” and “ who is it likely to happen to?”
- Mine data to answer “ where are the opportunities?”
- Deploy innovation processes and pilot campaigns to answer “ how can we get better?”
You will be expected to have the requisite content knowledge related to evaluating program outcomes, statistical modeling techniques and health services research. You will interface with clinical, pricing, actuarial, reporting, product development, operations, and marketing departments as needed. The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, flexible and embrace change.Responsibilities:
Extraction and analysis of large healthcare claims data using tools such as SQL, R, Python, Teradata, Hadoop, SAS, etc.
Opportunity analysis including descriptive and multivariate statistics to identify patterns in the data
Design prospective and/or retrospective studies to determine the effectiveness of health program services and solutions i.e. matched-case control and randomized control trials
Creation of actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders
Presentation of results and recommendations to non-technical business partners and stakeholders to help drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers.
Prior predictive modeling experience recommended. This position will work closely/alongside our Data Science Center of Excellence and work collaboratively on predictive opportunities.Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Math, Biostatistics, or Epidemiology highly preferred or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in healthcare related analytics
- Experience with statistical software programming in SAS (SAS Enterprise Guide is a plus) is required—-Python or R is highly preferred
- Comprehension of healthcare data (e.g., ICD-9/ICD-10, claims, profiling), statistical analysis experience such as: multivariate and structural equation modeling and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes
- Working knowledge of program evaluation, predictive modeling, data mining, steerage, pharmacy and care management required – Match case Control study and Randomized Control trial
- To influence, drive, and improve the areas above, the person in this position will need to be self-motivated and possess strong leadership qualities
- Leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate well with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization at different levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders
- Experience with linear modeling is preferred
Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment
- Emerging track record of presentations / publications preferred
- Strong customer focus and management of client expectations
About CignaCigna Corporation (NYSE:
CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.