Get your career started at eHealth
eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
At eHealth, we are passionate about solving our nation's toughest problems to bring more suitable, accessible, and affordable health insurance to Americans. We are seeking an exceptional senior data scientist to join our growing team, which is developing cutting-edge analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within our company and to better serve our customers. This is a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility, and flexibility.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop state of the art machine learning models. Iterate to push the boundaries on what problems can be solved through data science.
- Conduct open-ended data exploration to evaluate and solve complex problems.
- Participate in all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements gathering, data acquisition and preparation, hypothesis generation, ideation, coding, testing, and deployment of data science product.
- Work with business partners to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Work closely with engineers to productionize models.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in building predictive or descriptive models and the designing the associated metrics to evaluate these models.
- 3+ years of experience in with a data programming language (Python, R), and scripting languages (Unix shell) as well as solid experience with git.
- Experience with experimental design and multivariate experiments.
- Mastery of machine learning toolkits and libraries (Scikit-learn, MLlib, Tensorflow, etc.).
- Mastery of SQL (Oracle), work experience with distributed querying (Redshift, Spark SQL) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB).
Nice to Have:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- Experience with Deep Learning
- Experience with AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with machine learning at scale is a big plus.
- Experience with machine learning stack optimization.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex issues to a range of audience (management, peers, clients).
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with eHealth and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact us at: email@example.com .