Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Do you want to be a part of a team of technology and digital leaders, experienced in scoping, and delivering large transformation programmes in complex matrix environments?
Our Technology & Digital Consulting team is dedicated to leveraging technology in order to solve complex business problems for our clients. We work with Ireland’s largest organisations across a wide range of industries including financial services, government, healthcare, technology, media and telecoms.
Do you want to be a part of a community of problem solvers combining human ingenuity, experience and technology innovation to deliver sustained outcomes and build trust?
At PwC, we believe real transformation is Human Led and Tech Powered. Key to delivering this capability and driving our continued growth is our Alliance Partnerships with global Technology companies such as Microsoft, Salesforce and SAP. Leveraging these technologies, we deliver transformation solutions such as customer, cybersecurity, cloud, finance and HR. As we embark on further building on our deep technical and commercial teams, we are hiring for talent with skills in these technologies. By joining our alliances team you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of our company and help clients deliver bigger, more impactful transformation that lasts.
Purpose-led work you’ll be part of
As a Data Engineer - MS Azure (Senior Associate), you’ll work as part of a team of solutions-driven and problem-solving individuals, apply your technology experience and client leadership skills, to drive forward projects and programmes from strategy to execution.
Role & Responsibilities:
Experiences and skills:
- Support the design and implementation of models and analysis using core Microsoft toolsets.
- Leverage best practice modeling and analytics techniques, standards, and assist with compliance in the latest analytics regulation.
- Collaborate with multi-functional team members to develop and propose cloud based solutions to existing and potential clients
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and writing) with both IT personnel, executives and user communities.
- Work collaboratively with other Technology experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- BA/BS degree in Information System Management, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of 3+ years working as a Data Engineer with Azure components (Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics etc.) and MS SQL Server, .NET APIs, SSIS, etc.
- Demonstrated exposure delivering cloud projects with a particular emphasis on IaaS \ PaaS
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
- Preferred experience: working with and coordinating external teams; performing design and code reviews; proficiency with Python, SQL, etc; full stack analytics development
- Preferred certifications: Azure Data Engineer, Azure AI Engineer Associate, Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate
We believe that challenges are better solved together! We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. (https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Elevate Pledge. (https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
You can learn more about our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please email us for more information.
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date