As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining databases to ensure their stability, reliability and performance. This individual will work with the team to optimizing SQL statements as necessary and establish best practices. This candidate should also be able to solve database usage issues, formulate new ideas, and provide advice that can help avoid future problems.ResponsibilitiesIn this job, you will:
- Design, code, test, debug and document complex data base queries.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues.
- Design relational database models for small and large applications.
- Provide data analysis and validation.
- Work with teams for identification of performance issues in production.
- PL/SQL and SQL Tuning and Optimizations of newly develop and existing applications.
- Work effectively with the Infrastructure architects and DBA teams to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
- Work with internal and external users to understand the requirements, explain issues and prioritize work
- Follow and adopt SDLC process
This is the job for you if:
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and you are able to adapt easily to change
- You are self-motivated and able to work from home productively
- You have expertise in the design and development of Oracle databases, along with strong PL/SQL development skills
- You have some exposure to the Agile methdology
You should get in touch if:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/related or equivalent work experience
- You experience includes a minimum 5 years' experience in designing, creating and developing Oracle and SQL Server database systems
- You have programming/development experience using PL/SQL, T-SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as bulk collections, dynamic SQL and parallel processing
- You are experienced in designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables to maximize storage and performance
- You are able to develop logical and physical data models
- You are comfortable with best practices around Test Driven Design and Source Control Management
- You are skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or being a qualified disabled veteran or qualified veteran of the Vietnam era or any other category protected by Federal or State law.