The Principal Data Engineer will independently manage a portfolio of projects that support FlightSense (FLS) digitization efforts. Digitization efforts include leading FLS data science initiatives, developing FLS automation solutions, & creating optimization opportunities within the FLS organization. The individual will work closely with all FlightSense functional teams including Asset Management, Finance, Order Closure, Order Management, Program Management, Quality, & Supply Chain. This position is responsible for developing & managing tools for the FlightSense in all areas of data science such as
- Data strategy - Solicit feedback & develop use cases for FLS tool needs via the Digital Governance Board.
- Data analysis, engineering, & models - Lead the transition of tools from Excel & VBA to Alteryx, Power BI, Python, & SQL.
- Data visualization & operationalization - Generate & maintain Tableau views for FLS.
- Enhance & maintain Tableau dashboards such as Asset Visibility , Pratt & Whitney Gear Turbo Fan, Order Management, Program Management, PURC Queue, Task Age, & Supplier
- Support the existing DMB (Daily Metrics Board) WIP(Work in Process) management tool central to FlightSense operations connecting our Order Management, Supply Chain, & Program Management teams for customer order demand and CSL (Customer Service Level) performance.
- Lead the transition of the DMB WIP management tool from Excel based solution to a Python & Alteryx based solution.
- Support the Quick Reference Sheet (contract execution document) transition from excel to Power BI
- Maintain the FlightSense SQL server data governance & lead SQL table/view enhancements
- Develop & nurture data science capabilities with the organization. This includes coaching, mentorship, & advocacy.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Data Science
- Demonstrated experience in Alteryx, SAP, SQL, & Tableau
- Demonstrated experience or desire to learn PowerBI & Python
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Operations experience preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.)