Data Analyst - C0509X
The CTC Customer Insights & Customer Analytics team is the central hub for engaging consumers with exciting and inspirational loyalty and product offers through better use of customer data, driving incremental sales and profit.
The team is accountable for creating a high performance, cross-banner, silo-free source of all customer data enabling quick and efficient customer insights, audience creation, customer journey analyses and advanced customer modelling. They manage analytical and data science models for winning customers with exciting and inspirational product offers across all banners. The team is also responsible for building new systems and processes to improve customer and brand experience across the corporation.
The Data Analyst works with stakeholders from Digital, Marketing, Loyalty, and IT to ensure successful customer data usage. They uncover insights from customer data models, make sure the results are accurate and well understood across the stakeholders. They work with Data Scientists and Data Developers on pipeline development and maintenance as well data monitoring and customer insight generation.
The dynamic environment requires individuals with a cross-functional background, excellent organizational skills, experience working in a project environment, analytical ability, strong communication skills to deal effectively with stakeholders and the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
The primary responsibilities of the Data Analyst include:
- Combining and transforming raw data into accurate and understandable features with relevant business rules applied.
- Democratizing data across teams by building easy to use dashboards
- Uncovering key insights about our customers
- Migrating existing models and pipelines to new platforms, noting business definitions, transformation rules and reporting needs.
- Performing operational data and model management through:
- Auditing and monitoring data
- Data validation/cleansing/correction
- Improvements to model performance and stability.
- Provide ad hoc analyses as needed.
- College diploma or University degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge or experience in data/data science pipeline creation, data and modelling practices and techniques
- Experience in common data issues and cleansing/repair techniques
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of databases relational databases and competent in SQL, Big data Technologies (Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake).
- Good proficiency in at least R or Python
- Understanding of data science or data engineering product lifecycles.
- Experience in manipulating data via Apache spark or PySpark is a plus
- Experience with data intelligence/visualization platforms such as Looker, Google Data Studio, Power BI, or other similar tools is an asset.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees - their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Loyalty & Customer Insights