Big Data Engineer *Remote Working in Italy* to €50k
Big Data Engineer (Kafka Flink Java Kotlin) *Remote Working in Italy*. Are you a data savvy Software Engineer? You could be joining a global digital entertainment company; this is a great opportunity to work with a modern tech stack and progress your career whilst working remotely.
As a Big Data Engineer you will focus on the evolution of the Big Data and Personalization platform based on Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Google Big Query and ElasticSearch. You'll be collaborating and Pair Programming within a supportive Agile team environment where you'll have your voice heard, collaboratively problem solving with colleagues to engineer highly technical, world class solutions.
Despite working remotely you'll collaborate with a friendly and inclusive team, have a daily lunch allowance and company laptop; there could be the occasional visit to the offices in Milan for team activities although this is not required.
- Backend software engineering experience; ideally with Kotlin but Java or Python also considered if you're happy to use Kotlin going forward
- Experience with Big Data architectures and tools including Apache Kafka and Apache Flink
- Good knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL ideally) and NoSQL (ElasticSearch preferred)
- Familiar with REST API, networking fundamentals and HTTP protocol
- Italian languages skills (English also nice to have)
As a Big Data Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to €50k) plus benefits.