Who we are:
We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. With a new product roadmap, we are adding several new products to our portfolio, beyond on-chain data - we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d). Remote. An employment contract or consultancy is possible.
Salary range: 70.000 - 90.000 EUR
About the role:Extend the crypto data analysis frontier by embarking on a journey of shaping our innovative, industry-leading products powered by accurate and reliable data.
We are searching for a driven and proactive Data Scientist ready to contribute to taking our product and research suite to the next level. You would be expected to provide in-depth research on on-chain activity, financial data, and crypto portfolios. Your work includes developing new research methodologies, creating intelligible insights for our users, as well as defining novel metrics that enrich our product offering,
Join us remotely, you can be located anywhere around the CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position requires a full-time engagement; both a Contract and an Employment Agreement are possible.What you will do:
What you need to have:
- Analyze on-chain and crypto-financial data from various sources, crypto platforms, and ecosystems, utilizing modern data science toolkits
- Create new metrics and insights that will shape our product offering
- Explore and analyze crypto portfolios to provide actionable insights for end users
- Develop new methodologies to generate high-quality data from raw blockchain data, e.g. for address clustering, flow characterization, or pattern detection
- Visualize and communicate the research output and work with our content team to create content and articles and share insights with our users
- Stay in tune with current developments in the crypto space and independently identify promising research directions
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in data science or a relevant field
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks, ...)
- Excellent SQL knowledge and BigQuery
- Very good communication + writing + visualization skills (matplotlib, plotly, ggplot2, …)
- Experience in data mining and munging, statistical analysis, and machine learning
- High motivation to dive deep into specifics, while retaining a pragmatic approach
- Passion for sound and reliable data
- Experience working with financial and/or market-relevant data
* You’re a crypto Investor and/or trader, keeping up to date with the industry
What we offer:
- Familiar with large-scale data analysis and ETL pipelines
- Experience GCP or other cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Graph analysis
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.
- A modern technical stack with an emphasis on quality
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering - you will help us figure out what we'd need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too - this year we went to Lisbon for a week and had our New Year’s party in Mallorca, and more adventures are coming up