To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
At Tableau, we are on a mission to help people see and understand data. We create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of leading organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. The Analytics area focuses on helping people visualize and share these insights in order to use data to make better decisions and take action in pursuit of a better world. We aspire to build diverse and inclusive teams.
As a Senior Data Scientist in Product Management, you’ll drive how we use data to make product decisions, with a specific focus on performance. You will engage with customers and different product teams to define core metrics and conduct data analysis in areas such as responsiveness and load time. You will use a mix of data analysis, product thinking, operational acumen, and cross team collaboration to identify and help orchestrate our highest impact performance investments.
What you’ll do:
· Collaborate with business and product stakeholders to drive excellence in how we analyze data for decision making around our product, initially focusing on performance and understanding what drives changes there
· Perform statistical analysis across a variety of data sources, including usage logs and telemetry, to identify the biggest problems, separating the signal from the noise
· Identify additional telemetry and product instrumentation needed, develop best practices around this, and drive requirements for this with relevant product teams
· Validate telemetry analysis with customers
· Propose a set of metrics to track around performance and feature areas
· Operationalize the tracking of these metrics through self-service dashboards and other tools
· Drive adoption of these metrics through education, proposing new processes, etc.
· Evangelize insights through storytelling and make specific product recommendations to teams
· Scale this operational model over time to extend to areas outside of performance, such as driving core business metrics
Who You Are:
· Relevant degree or work experience focused on data science, computer science, quantitative analysis, etc.
· Customer-focused. The analysis you do is in support of solving customer problems, and you are driven to improve our customers’ experiences.
· Experienced with data science, with solid understanding of statistical methods like regression and correlation analysis
· Enterprise software geek
· Experienced with databases/data warehouses like Snowflake, with R nice to have
· Expert in building relationships and collaborating across different functions.
· Focused on impact and biased toward action.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.