Peoplebank has a long-established relationship with one of Adelaide's leading software companies based in the heart of the CBD.
With plush modern offices reminiscent of Silicon Valley, situated close to public transport, great cafes and bars, this is a fantastic company to join.
With a team of 80 in the Adelaide CBD they are going through an exciting period of growth due to their unique product offering being embraced by clients across the USA, Australia, and NZ and are seeking an additional Data Scientist to join their collegiate team.
You will have the chance to:
- Use the latest tools and technologies doing real-time analytics on the cloud;
- Spend time investigating real customer problems and devising innovative solutions;
- Enjoy a high degree of autonomy and a fast pace of change;
- Work directly with software engineers as well as product managers and customers; and
What you will do:
- Perform hands-on data analysis, model using huge data sets, and develop Machine Learning modelling systems.
- Apply statistical analysis, mathematical modelling, and machine learning to discover insights and create value.
- Create and refine features from the underlying data.
- Gather data, develop innovative solutions by perform statistical analysis, and communicate results to peers and leaders that drive value for our customers.
- Explore new design or technology shifts to determine how they might connect with the customer benefits we wish to deliver.
- Work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, and designers in designing experiments and minimum viable products.
- A Master's degree or PhD in an appropriate field (Statistics, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science etc.) is mandatory for this role.
- 2+ years' experience with data science or equivalent experience investigating mathematical solutions to real world data problems.
- Expertise in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java and/or R.
- Expertise in data mining algorithms and statistical modelling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, sequential pattern discovery, and text mining.
If you would be interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please contact Craig Salmon on 08 8112 7403 and quote reference number 238671
A full Position Description will be available for suitable candidates.
SA: LHS 296564