Our growing Analytics team is at the forefront of product and company strategy, developing the insights that allow us to make data-driven decisions to help us grow the business. As a Lead Data Engineer at Roadie you will own the data infrastructure, conducting analyses that enable Roadie's continued growth and scalability. In addition to being hands-on, you will lead a growing analytics team who will work to bring together large data sets, uncover insights and turn them into actionable recommendations to drive decision making across the business.
This high-impact role will be instrumental in helping to define and develop how we do analytics as a company. The ideal candidate brings prior startup experience in an operational analytics or data science role, and is enthusiastic about the challenge of bringing clarity to data that directly affects company revenue.
What You'll Do
- Create and implement a reliable and scalable streaming data infrastructure to support Roadie's core products and services
- Design, build and launch efficient and stable data pipelines to move data across various platforms
- Drive Roadie's evolution of data tools to continuously optimize and improve data quality
- Work closely with leadership to understand trends, behaviors, and opportunities
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization with a focus on actionable analytics and recommendations
- Guide and mentor individuals on the Analytics team
What You Bring
- 5+ years experience in a data engineering and/or business intelligence role
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field
- Demonstrated coding skills in Python
- Expertise in SQL with ability to build complex queries across platforms
- Proficient with various data visualization tools such a Redash, Superset, or Looker
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Airflow
- Experience working with Postgres and Redshift databases
- Experience with architecting data systems, data warehouse solutions and ETL
- Experience with cloud-based architectures on AWS, GCE, or similar
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and reliability
- Strong communication skills, with ability to articulate and present data analyses simply
- A bias for action, thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in NumPy and Pandas libraries
- Experience with Jupyter-lab/ notebooks and related technologies
Competitive salary, plus equity. Great health benefits (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k with company match. Flexible schedule with generous PTO and the technology you need to get the job done.
Due to COVID-19, all team members are working remotely and enjoying a monthly WFH stipend.
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.