Location: Remote with occasional office travel to Birmingham, London and Manchester
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Ingeus are seeking a Data Scientist to allow for advanced development and implementation of our data science strategy. The key aim will be to build predictive data model models to enhance the outcomes and progression of our participants, and support the business to enable better lives by providing our front-line advisors with evidenced based insights to support the tailored service we provide.
As the Data Scientist, you will:
- Develop and implement the Ingeus data science strategy
- Use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to develop predictive performance models and insights.
- Extract and interpret the business insights and provide recommendations based on those insights
- Apply mathematical rigor and a highly refined sense of both where to look next and what to do instead when performing your analysis
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data for your analytics
- Conduct research and development activities, data exploration and discovery, develop prototypes, algorithms, and proof of concepts, leveraging leading data science and technology solutions - bring in the best of the wider community to the team.
- Provide Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization support
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns, presenting the results in a commercial impactful manner
- Communicate data collection and statistical methodologies and their results, to both technical and non-technical audiences
As our Data Scientist, you will have:
- A relevant degree in mathematics, statistics, research and/or equivalent competence/experience.
- Experience in creating and deploying predictive models.
- The ability to articulate and translate business questions
- Experience in working with Azure Machine Learning
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Programming experience with at least one of the standard data science tools, Python (Pandas, Scikit-Learn etc), R, Scala/Spark
- Understanding of Azure Data Factory / Pipelines
- Experience in deploying pipelines for web consumption of data models
Please inform us of your salary expectations on your application.
As an Ingeus employee, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- A flexible working environment - work from home 2 days a week
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Company pension
- Online discount shopping
- Additional leave for personal development and community volunteering
- The opportunity to buy extra perks such as extra annual leave, critical illness cover, dental insurance, discounted gym membership, wellbeing services and more.
Ingeus, governments, employers, and local partners design and deliver services to solve complex challenges caused by social and technological change. Our services improve opportunities and help create strong societies in which people have the independence, knowledge, and know-how to thrive. Were purpose-led, passionate and proud to work with customers and communities to drive social change.
As Ingeus, weve spent time listening to our employees to build our benefits package;
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the opportunity to salary trade extra
- EAP Support programme available 24/7 with access to 6 x counselling sessions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eyecare vouchers with help to purchase new glasses
- Life assurance
- Online discount shopping via Perks at Work
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Up to two days each year dedicated to Community Giving (Volunteering)
- Access to Salary Finance; financial education and advice
- The opportunity to buy extra perks such as, critical Illness Cover, dental insurance
At Ingeus, our culture is built on the principle of treating everyone with dignity, ensuring that every individual is comfortable, confident and recognised for the value of their contributions.
We are always keen to learn what neurodiverse colleagues can offer to our contracts, to assist with this we offer a full breakdown of our application, screening and interview process please get in touch via email at
*Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles