What is the opportunity?
The Digital Data & Analytics team offers the opportunity to leverage RBCs significant data assets to develop innovative solutions in support of RBC’s Digital transformation. The team has a broad mandate to support the evolution of the bank’s public websites, online banking and mobile apps using data. As RBC’s Personal and Commercial clients increasingly interact with the bank digitally there is a growing need for actionable insights to drive product and investment decision about new capabilities. Joining the Digital Data & Analytics team as a Data Scientist you will have the opportunity to analyze, design and implement data solutions using RBC’s enterprise suite of analytics tools.
What will you do?
- Autonomously direct data science initiatives to uncover business value using statistical, machine learning and analytics techniques
- Utilizing the latest technologies available, designing and building data solutions to meet business needs
- Be an active contributor to not only your individual team, but to the RBC development community
- Work on both transformational and BAU projects delivering new value while also maintaining existing processes
- Use deep business domain knowledge to independently lead the analytics process to identify valuable and innovative insights.
- Create software packages that can be reused inside the enterprise.
- Work as part of a cross functional agile team responsible for end-to-end delivery of business needs
- Support data management processes - acquiring, transforming and storing massive volume of structured and unstructured data
- Promote analytics across the enterprise to enable RBC to become a data-driven organization.
What do you need to succeed?
- Masters or PHD in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience with big data technologies - Hadoop (Pig, Hive), noSQL/SQL databases, parallel processing techniques and Apache Spark
- 3+ years of experience in Machine-Learning, data mining and statistics.
- Strong data profiling, cleaning, and mining.
- Expert working knowledge of Python, R, Java and SQL
Nice to have:
- Familiar with a Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Expert data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing data science technologies.
- Contribution to research communities including publishing papers.