Container xChange is a leading tech company providing a state-of-the-art online platform for container logistics and operations. We simplify global trade by streamlining all processes around container transactions for logistics companies. Essentially transforming the way the world does business.
Our team of 300+ like-minded xChangees from 65+ nationalities has made this possible! We have scaled far beyond the small start-up we once were and continue to disrupt the industry together.Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d)
As our Senior Data Engineer, your mission is to plan, build, and maintain a scalable data infrastructure that enables numerous stakeholders at xChange to make use of the data in the most efficient and reliable way. In close collaboration with our team of Analysts, you will design a data warehouse that is capable of providing Business Intelligence insights across various departments at xChange. Furthermore, you design solutions that serve data warehouse intelligence to our customer platform.Your Responsibilities In a Nutshell
- Build a scalable infrastructure that enables us to apply machine learning and other support systems such as recommendation engines based on your data
- Connect and get data from different sources
- Develop and implement data-extraction strategy and platform
- Transform data into consumable and trustworthy formats
- Monitor and optimize the infrastructure to improve performance and minimize costs
- Become the center of knowledge about our data and how it's connected and understand the underlying business use-case of the data that you provide.
- Partner with analysts to understand their needs and improve the efficiency of their analysis
- Support and enable all stakeholders that work with Datawarehouse Data at xChange
What makes you a great fit
What Distinguishes Us From Other Tech Organizations
- Experience in setting up scalable data infrastructures. You have done it before.
- You have experience working with Data Warehouses and Cloud Infrastructure - we work with Snowflake and AWS. Experience with DBT, Terraform, and Kafka is a plus but not a must-have.
- Experience in enabling different stakeholders to work with the data that you provide
- You are a team player with the ability to really help the team achieve the best possible quality
- You are a confident and strongly opinionated individual who gets their point across
- Fluent English paired with efficient and effective communication
Other Perks You Can Enjoy
- Career growth: We believe in empowering you to set ambitious goals for your career development. We will support you with this in every way possible: via Mentorship programs, technical upskilling with access to modern learning platforms, and professional coaching through the Fürstenberg institute
- Ownership and impact: We trust you to develop a sense of responsibility and ownership towards your topics and value creativity and out-of-the-box thinking; you will work with up-to-date technologies and take calculated risks that drive innovation
- Culture and collaboration: Our diverse and talented team operates with flat hierarchies and a growth-focused mindset which fosters an open-minded, collaborative, and high-performance driven culture where A-players thrive. We foster healthy work-life balance by flexible working hours and mobile work
- Becoming a shareholder: You will have a direct stake in xChange as a shareholder with a competitive virtual equity package!
If this sounds like your future job, all we need is your CV which you can submit through the application link!
- A relocation bonus, 28 vacation days, language courses, a subsidized Deutschlandticket, mental healthcare program, bike leasing, an office in Hamburg’s city center, feel free to ask the Talent team for more details 😊