At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Biostatistics and Data Sciences (BDS) is a global organization with more than 400 employees within the Human Pharma Business Unit. Working in close collaboration with other functions at Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) and external vendors we combine methodological and technical data science skills with business and scientific expertise to drive smart, timely and confident decision making at every stage of drug development, approval and access.
On our journey to transform BDS into a modern data science organization in clinical development capable to thrive in a world of rapid and continuous change, we have been changing our working model towards an operating model with emphasis on cross-functional and self-organized teams creating customer-oriented value.
As a Clinical Data Scientist you support clinical drug research and development by providing strategic planning and execution, data transformation as well as all aspects of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics of data.
This position can be filled in Ingelheim or Biberach (Discover our site Biberach: xplorebiberach.com)
This position is limited for 2 years.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you plan, transform, analyse and report routine phase I-IV clinical trials and support complex phase I-IV clinical trials or projects with established BI experience.
- You apply traditional statistical methods in designing, collecting and analyzing clinical data from trials and projects.
- Furthermore you contribute to evidence generation along the human pharma value chain by telling a compelling data story able to generate insights and trigger actions that make a difference to our patients.
- You collaborate closely with scientists and experts from various disciplines.
- You enhance your business knowledge and scientific expertise in a global environment.
- With your expertise you exchange with the statistical, statistical programming and data science community.
- You are part of a global biostatistics and data sciences organization that covers all statistical aspects within the complete human pharma product life cycle.
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (Psychology, Data Science, Finance, etc) with several years professional experience
- Knowledge of statistical methodology, design of clinical trials or clinical experiments, basic medical terminology and on processing clinical trial information
- Experience in working in/with agile teams is a plus
- Working knowledge of relevant software languages, in particular SAS and R
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally (e.g. CROs, experts, management), also in global and remote context
- Ability to pro-actively identify issues and solutions and to interact with internal and external bodies on routine data science issues
- Oral and written communication skills to interact in interdisciplinary teams as well as the ability to explain, visualize and communicate statistical information to non-statisticians effectively
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.