Passionate about digital, data, IoT or AI and willing to join a dynamic and ambitious team on a human scale?
For more than 15 years, we have been advising companies and administrations and supporting them in the implementation of their transformation projects in Brussels and abroad.
To do so, we rely both on technological leverage and on the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
With a presence on five continents and more than 4,000 employees, our goal is to reach more than a €1 billion revenue by 2024. Innovation is at the heart of our development and we are involved in areas linked to the technological changes of major groups, such as Big Data, IoT, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence.
Our values & playfields:
- Intelligence collective
- Entrepreneurship /Intrapreneurship
- Promote diversity/mixity (Support to the Fondation femmes@Numerique...)
- Commitment (employees, partners, schools, associations...)
- Respect for human beings and quality of life at work
- Open-mindedness and inclusiveness
Together, let’s build Talan’s future.
The service will be provided within the Short Term Power as a Service (SPaaS) Data team that is responsible for implementing projects in the datahub, adressing with business and IT team various use cases.
Services will be around:
- Data collection
- Data ingestion (structured and non-structured) in datalake
- Data processing and transformation upon use cases (historization, analytics, datascience, …)
- Data exposition
- Performance and cost optimization
Team is located in Brussels but occasional travels to Paris can be expected.
The main activities are:
- Collecting, understanding, challenging and refining business requirements & opportunities
- Designing solutions following architecture guidelines
- Leading development activities and contributing to developments in a senior / expert role : Development activities consist in building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code, as per high standard of software quality, design and testing principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Supporting continuous improvement of the services and applications. Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and defining solutions to these problems
- Accompanying and supporting junior staff
- Delivering production ready services to users with the highest level of satisfaction
- Writing and updating technical documentations in English and making them available to the team and partners.
- Providing effective and timely communication to all relevant teams
The consultant(s) put forward for this assignment must have extensive experience in the activities outlined below in addition to excellent analytical skills, accuracy, and good listening and communication skills.
The consultant(s) put forward for this assignment must have extensive experience in the activities outlined below in addition to:
- Ability to collect information focusing on the Why.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Familiar with the Agile methodology and experienced in SCRUM
Big data technologies: HDFS/S3, Hive/Athena/Presto, Spark/Glue, Kafka/Kinesis, …
Big data patterns: lambda, partitioning, bucketing, design by query, …
Coding (Python, Scala)