Who We Are:
Lumileds is the leading global light engine company serving customers in automotive lighting, general illumination, and consumer market segments. Lumileds operates in over 30 countries and has approximately 7,000 employees, Lumileds is shaping the future of light with the most innovative technology in the illumination and automotive sectors, and helping our customers deliver differentiated solutions to the world. Lumileds is headquartered in San Jose, California, with operations in Singapore, Malaysia, China and the Netherlands and sales offices throughout the world.
Together with its customers, Lumileds is making the world better, safer, more beautiful—with light.
The Lumileds environment is fast-paced, cutting-edge, intelligent and fun! We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team! To learn more, visit Lumileds.com
What You Will Do:
- Working as a Data Scientist, you will be working to devise strategies and solutions to support data analytics and reporting capabilities across all business functions including Engineering, Manufacturing and yield etc.
- Optimizing data and machine learning workflow to enable the large amount and complex data can be translated into actionable insights and decisions.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to improve on Process control/capability though data mining and Machine learning/Predictive modeling.
- Focus on data democratization and building of user self-help tools to enable organization wide data driven decision making and Key Index monitoring.
- Apply expertise in mathematics, quantitative analysis, data mining and machine learning to develop models and algorithms that will drives performance of the analytics solutions.
- Continuously explore and implement new technologies, tools and techniques that will overall improve data processing, enhance the analytics solution.
What You Will Bring (Required Qualifications):
- Masters/bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related disciplines.
- Min 2 years relevant working experience. Exposure to the semiconductor industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- Proven ability in structured problem solving, process improvement, data-driven analysis and deriving actionable outcomes with large datasets.
- Strong understanding and application of statistical and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Fluency in Python and/or R.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and optimization and knowledge in database engine and data model.
- Strong Organizational skill and is self-motivated.
- A hands-on team player who can see the big picture, possesses a can-do attitude and able to work through ambiguity.
Lumileds is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer