At a glance:
- Are you an experienced engineer passionate about supporting data operations by gathering and processing raw data at scale?
- Can you commit to a position measuring the quality, integrity, accuracy and completeness of data used in company-wide solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.comHighlights:
As a Data Engineer II, you enhance operations for Reporting, Applications and Data Science by gathering and processing raw data at scale. You focus on maintaining scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems that efficiently provide data for company-wide operations. You excel at profiling data to measure quality, integrity, accuracy and completeness. You deliver effective data solutions through the development, testing and implementation of code and scripts.
You maximize the department by developing data set processes for data modeling, mining and consumption. You have cultivated a keen ability for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to see your projects completed on time and within budget. You flourish in an office position collaborating with teams across Spectrum Enterprise. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering and Enterprise Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.Position benefits:
What you will do:
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
Required keys for success:
- Drive company-wide excellence through active and consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Support data operations for Reporting, Analytics, Applications and Data Science by creating and maintaining scalable, reliable, consistent and repeatable systems.
- Drive data operations processes through the collection and processing of raw data at scale, including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs and writing SQL queries.
- Maintain, improve, clean and manipulate data using extract, transform and load (ETL) processes.
- Profile data to measure quality, integrity, accuracy and completeness.
- Improve department processes by implementing tools, scripts, queries and applications for ETL and data operations.
- Deliver solutions by developing, testing and implementing code and scripts.
- Produce reports and uphold data delivery schedules for senior leadership to leverage.
- Maximize the department through the management of multiple data source lifecycles.
- Increase the delivery speed of data by implementing workflow automation solutions.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- One or more years of experience as a Linux, Unix or CentOS system administrator
- Two or more years of hands-on experience with RDMNS, SQL, scripting and coding
- Intermediate knowledge of coding and scripting using Python, R or shell scripts
- Extensive experience with SQL, Tableau and ETL techniques
- Background in Linus and CentOS installation and administration
- Knowledge of data storage that demonstrates the correct use of a file system, relational database or NoSQL variant
- Track record of effectively using Spark and Hadoop
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Passion for learning new techniques, methods and concepts regarding data
- Interest in learning programming languages
- Experience with data workflow or data preparation platforms, such as Infomatica, Pentaho or Talend
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- History of working with data virtualization concepts and software such as Denodo, Teiid and JBoss
- Track record of receiving, converting and cleansing data
- Able to work with visualization or BI tools, such as Tableau
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field (required)