Do you have an analytical mindset and are motivated by finding meaning in data? Do you want to facilitate data driven solutions? Then join the Analytics Department and become a part of developing data insights for our business stakeholders.
Business Analytics at Abacus Medicine is a team of motivated data professionals working together across the analytics stack to deliver modern data solutions. We are looking for a new BI/Data Analyst to strengthen our team’s ability to help the rest of the Abacus Medicine Group move towards using data in their everyday decisions.
The service we provide to the group involves data exploration, data manipulation and report visualizations, as well as close cooperation with the business stakeholders to create insightful and impactful content.
The position offers plenty of opportunity to develop your data management skills and to have an impact on the standards we set for ourselves as we explore and accelerate the use of our cutting-edge cloud platform solution as well as our Power BI platform. We will be upgrading to a Power BI Premium solution within the next 3-6 months, so you will also be part of exploring the many new features available.
Your responsibilities as a data analyst
In this role, you will get to apply your technical skills to a set of problems that covers the spectrum from light data engineering work on our Azure platform to developing new report content, and include:
- Defining new data areas and sparring with the business on the best BI implementation. This includes considering new data sources and data vendors.
- Creating, monitoring, and updating reports in Power BI to facilitate decision-making throughout the organization.
- Close collaboration with the Data Engineering branch to align the cloud platform and coordinate new data ingestion for further processing
- Developing and updating our data lakehouse, Azure Databricks notebooks and dataflows in Azure Data Factory
- Optimization of a wide range of procedures that create value, spanning from improving data read performance to that cool Python/R script that makes everyone’s life a little easier
Your future colleagues
The Business Analytics department is comprised of 15 individuals divided into 4 branches: Reporting, Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Consulting, Data Science. You will become part of a positive and outgoing group with high ambitions, which is responsible for Abacus’ BI platform, data architecture, facilitating data-driven projects and developing advanced analytics models. The team features a wide range of competencies of both BI- and data analysts, data scientists and data engineers.
The Business Analytics team is a diverse bunch from 7 different nationalities, so our everyday language is English. While we bring our best, we also value an informal and friendly atmosphere and think that working should be fun.
The right candidate is
Naturally curious with a solid technical foundation. You are motivated by creating solutions and witness their business impact. You are comfortable operating outside your immediate area of familiarity and can solve tasks that may first need exploration. Additionally, you have effective communication skills and thereby, foster good relations with all types of stakeholders. In both the Reporting branch, as well as Business Analytics in general, we work closely together and are always ready to help each other out. Therefore, it is also essential that you think of yourself as a team player and are ready to help whenever an urgent matter arises.
More concretely, we expect that you:
- Hold a master's degree in business intelligence, business analytics or a similar data-centered discipline
- Have full proficiency in both written and verbal English
- Have practical experience with visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau or Qlik
- Are confident in your DAX and SQL skills
- Having experience with ETL tools like SSIS or similar and with Python/R and Jupyter notebooks is considered an advantage
- Experience with data modelling based on Kimball principles will also be considered an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Have experience or interest in the Azure cloud stack
Whether you are a recent graduate or have a couple of years of experience is less important; what matters is that you are driven by a passion for data and data management.
If you want to apply for the position, please use the link, attach your CV, and cover letter.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis and the expected start date is as soon as possible or early 2023. Deadline for submitting your application is 16/12/2022
If you have any further question regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact the hiring manager, Hasse Rønde Aagaard, at email@example.com.
Would you like to know more about us?
Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn and get an insight into everyday life at Abacus Medicine. For other job openings, check out our Career page.
Better Access. Better Healthcare.
At Abacus Medicine, our purpose is to improve global healthcare through better access to medicine. This has driven us to quickly become a global player in the parallel import industry and pharmaceutical services while not losing sight of our entrepreneurial mindset. Our company values; Innovative, Dedicated, and Caring, lead us on our way to continuously look for improvement and further ways to achieve our purpose. Join our 1,000 dedicated colleagues with more than 22 different nationalities in e.g., Denmark, Hungary, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Austria, and Hong Kong.