Kohl's is a leading retailer nationwide. We serve hundreds of millions of customers with millions of products. We are expanding our Data Science team to solve the problem of recommending the right products to the right customers. Working within this team at Kohl's, you will be able to develop products that have a strong impact on the company's revenue and millions of customers shopping with us.
As a senior member of the Data Science organization, you will be the technical expert for a team that builds models for initiatives such as recommender systems, NLP, image recognition, segmentation, and user behaviors. You will take a mentorship role within the DS team and work collaboratively with other business areas.Primary Responsibilities
- Identify and drive continuous improvement of key business metrics in assigned business functional area
- Works closely with business stakeholders, data analytics and machine learning engineers to deliver products and analysis.
- Develops advanced machine learning algorithms and proof of concepts to understand Kohl's audiences and solves complex business problems at scale.
- Experiments and innovates in applications of machine learning in Recommender Systems.
- Provides technical expertise to junior team members.
- Drive adoption and usage of modern analytical products and models.
- Translate analytical outputs into business outcomes / value delivered - ability to break complex math into business outcomes.
- Think in terms of iterative development, document, and communicate throughout products' data science lifecycle.
- Frame problem, determine intended approach and recommend quantitative methods to develop solution.
- Design experiments to answer targeted questions.
- Research new ways for modeling and predicting end-user behavior
- 3+ years of progressively complex Data Science in Recommendation Systems field, solving problems at scale.
- BS in Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent quantitative field.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark MLlib, Keras, or scikit-learn.
- Experience in one or more areas of advanced data science (Recommender Systems, NLP, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Generative AI, etc.).
- Experience in statistical analysis and experiment design.
- Python, PySpark, SQL/Bigquery and Kubeflow (nice to have) proficiency.
- Familiar with Cloud-based Data Science implementations.
- Familiar with version control systems (Git) and concepts.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience documenting, synthesizing, and communicating results at all levels of the organization.
- Proven attention to detail, critical thinking, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Master’s degree and/or Ph.D.
- Retail experience.
req# : R328437