Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Translate business questions into analytical problems and build solutions using visualization techniques, machine and deep learning, and statistical modelling
- Search and develop new algorithms, methods, statistical models and business models, providing insight into structured and unstructured data.
- Quickly learn and pilots the use of tools, data sources and analytical techniques needed to answer a wide range of critical business questions and to improve status quo
- Identify research articles and reproduce/apply innovative methodology to Novartis business problems
- Provide understandable and meaningful business intelligence for key partners
- Bring understanding of one or more areas of data sciences and is able to demonstrate practical knowledge of techniques
- Help developing new quantitative methods with the aim of improving processes in various projects and developing new analysis opportunities by integrating existing and new data sources
- Support various projects, of limited scope.
- Proficient in English (spoken and written)
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or in a quantitative field
- Academic experience in a multidisciplinary data & analytics environment or in research
- Experience in predictive modelling and large data analysis
- Experience in statistical/analytics tools such as R, SAS, Python or big data technologies for machine learning
- Expertise in at least a visualization tools QlikView, Spotfire, Tableau for crafting insights.
- A track record of innovating through machine learning, data bases and statistical algorithms and their applications. Hands on experience with data mining, its concepts, techniques and implementation.
- Business proficient in Spanish (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of European languages have an added advantage
- Candidates looking for an international career, open to relocate to different countries and with a global demeanour.
As a curious organization, we provide endless opportunities to learn and grow through remote, online and classroom learning services across a broad range of topics.
Company Pension Plan; Life and Accidental Insurance; Meals Allowance or Canteen in the office; Flexible working hoursWhy consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network