Role: Data/Database Developer
- Develop, implement and optimize data solutions using SQL/T-SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, ETL Tools and other tools
- Analyze, Research, Review and Interpret data requirements
- Perform analysis for performance improvements
- Develop solutions for data migration, movement and exchange
- Develop procedures and programs and scripts to extract/integrate/share data from CRM, ERP and Web Applications
- Trouble shoot performance and scalability issues and develop scripts and code to track, monitor & troubleshoot issues.
- Fine tuning of SQL code used in SQL based objects, ETL processes, data virtualization tools, and other programs
- Work individually or with the team in developing procedures to upload, monitor and track data uploads in/out of data repositories
- Work on Products/Programs by Chapter Leads & DPLs to provide development & support
- Perform documentation and record keeping as needed
- Willingness to learn new tools & technology and perform other duties as required
General & Technical Skills
- Hands on programming skills using SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL, Unix/C/C#, Scripting tools
- Coding, Debugging, Root Cause analysis
- Data Analysis, Support & Issue Resolution
- Basic skills in software design & development using RDBMS
- Knowledge of Denodo for Data Virtualization, certainly a plus.
- Interpreting data models, relationships, data lineage & database connectivity details
- Working knowledge of Cloud and networking technologies
- Technologies – Oracle/SQL Server, TSQL/PLSQL, ETL tools/scripts, Unix/Linux/Windows, Scripting (VBScript, PowerShell, etc), RDMS, C/C#.
- Minimum of 10-12 years in information technology
- Minimum 6-8 years of hands-on design & development experience
- Experience working in an IT development & support environment
- Experience in issue management, root cause analysis and trouble shooting.
- Data Analysis and Software Development (SDLC) experience a must
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).