Senior Data Engineer
Looking for your next challenge? How about helping us disrupt a $90B+ talent acquisition market! Glassdoor is the world's fastest growing career community with more than 25M members and thousands of business customers and our mission is helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love.
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We're transforming an entire industry through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team. The ideal candidate has significant experience in building scalable data platforms that enable analytics, data science and data products. You must have strong, hands-on technical expertise in a variety of technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust, scalable solutions. You should have a passion for continuous quality improvement.
We embrace a wide variety of technologies and work very closely with data scientists and business stakeholders to deliver end to end solutions. Although this is an individual contributor role, we are a tightly knit team who widely collaborate with one another. If you are interested in a fast paced environment, the latest technologies, and fun data problems, come join us!
- Design and develop big data applications using a variety of different technologies.
- Develop logical and physical data models for big data platforms.
- Automate workflows using Apache Airflow.
- Write data pipelines using Apache Hive, Apache Spark.
- Create solutions on AWS using services such as Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis etc.
- Participate in rotational on-call support.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing systems.
- Learn our business domain and technology infrastructure quickly.
- Document, share your knowledge freely and proactively with others in the team.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with developing data warehouse solutions and data products.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, etc.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in modeling and designing schema for data lakes or for RDBMS platforms.
- 2+ years of experience using Python as a programming language.
- Experience with scripting languages: Perl, Shell, etc.
- Practice working with, processing, and managing large data sets (multi TB/PB scale).
- Exposure to test driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Background in Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Nice To Have
- Experience building customer facing products, machine learning pipelines or data products.
- Experience working with Tableau, Looker or other data visualization software.
- Familiarity with AWS or GCS technologies.
- Ability to program in multiple programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, JS, Scala, etc
- Be passionate about or have contributed to open sourced engineering projects in the past.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off
- A values-based culture: Our values are Transparency, Innovation, Good People and Grit. We look for talented, passionate people who embody these values in how they show up to work every day.
- Pay transparency: We believe that with more salary transparency, you hold the information to ensure fair pay now and in the future as your career changes and grows. Pay bands and our compensation philosophy are shared publicly to ensure that everyone is paid fairly. Our annual Pay Gap Study found no gender or race/ethnicity pay gap at Glassdoor.
- Diversity & Inclusion transparency: We are committed to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our commitment. We also provide programs and resources to create a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
- Employee feedback transparency: We believe in providing you with greater insight into what it is really like to work with us. In addition to our Glassdoor Reviews, we publicly publish our employee feedback survey responses to ensure everyone has a complete picture of what it's like to work here.
- Company performance transparency: We believe you should know how your work contributes to moving the company forward. That's why we share detailed business performance updates in our monthly All Hands and deeper financial results every quarter. For more insight into the performance of our parent company, you can explore the financial results of Recruit Holdings, and its HR Technology segment in particular, each quarter. Operating transparently at Glassdoor is fundamental as we advocate for transparency in the broader workforce. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.