Give your career a boost.
The information technology (IT) sector is in the midst of an extraordinary period. Organisations’s digital transformation is accelerating, and CGI is at the forefront of this evolution. We accompany our clients in their transformation and innovation process, which allows us to offer our professionals exciting career opportunities.
CGI’s success rests on the talent and engagement of our professionals. Together, we take on challenges and share in the benefits derived from our company’s growth. This approach reinforces our shareholder-owner culture, all our professionals thus benefit from the value we collectively create.
Join us to participate in the growth of one of the world’s largest information technology (IT) and business consulting companies.
You love technology? You like working with people and data on actual projects? You are curious by nature and like to challenge established ideas? If you are a passionate person with contagious energy, have demonstrated initiative and like teamwork, we would like you to read the following!
As a data scientist part of the Business Intelligence Competency Center, you support client stakeholders with insights gained from collecting, interpreting, analyzing and publishing company data. The solutions developed will meet the requirements, perform well and have quality built-in.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must have a proven ability to drive business results with your data-based insights. You must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Collecting data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Creating reports and presentations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- 2-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Familiar with the following software/tools:
o Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
o Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
o Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
o Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
o Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
o Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
o Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, PowerBI, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Fluency in French, oral and written
- Experience with ERP and CRM environments and data: SAP, SalesForce, PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based tools: Azure, AWS, etc.
- Fluency in English, oral and written
Sherbrooke, Eastern Township area
We are located in a unique area in the southernmost part of Quebec, where both the French and English languages co-exist harmoniously. We have a vast array of farms, wineries and other producers here that provide home cooks with the highest quality regional ingredients. The quality of life and robust economy in the Eastern Townships are second to none, and we’re seeing more people choosing the area as a place to settle down long term. Housing here is affordable, there are excellent French and English schools including two local universities, great medical care, as well as access to nature and recreation in every season, with a number of lakes and ski hills nearby.