Want to be a hero? - Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for Senior Data Engineers (f/m/d) to join our growing Location team! Our Location Platform makes the world's addresses and places discoverable in hyper 3D accuracy. If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
We build solutions that can make it seamless to set your delivery location, find a nearby restaurant, a place to pick-up your groceries, and also enable our riders to deliver items to your doorstep fast and efficiently.
Our mission is to deliver location-based solutions, powered by data, for all our customers, globally. We aim to be THE global geospatial platform enabling amazing delivery experiences.
It starts with a pin on the map, each pin is an opportunity and a market that we explore to be able to serve our customers better. So, would you like to be part of a consumer facing platform that enables many Delivery Hero brands, including and not limited to FoodPanda, Foodora, Damejidlo and Netpincer to service millions of customers every day?Your Mission
Your Heroic Skills
- You analyze and process structured and unstructured data sources,
- You develop end-to-end, scalable software and applications
- Work with structured and semi-structured data from different heterogeneous data sources/sinks (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, PubSub, SQS, Redis, Elasticsearch ...).
- Build cloud-based data pipelines enabling innovative customer experiences
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for batch and near-real-time data as well as analytical / machine learning workflows
- Build and deploy REST API’s to serve machine learning models
- Build solutions at scale and optimize for performance. Every millisecond counts.
- Communicate with different teams regarding coding consistency and data availability
- Proactively make suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the performance of our data platform
Nice To Have
- You are a python ninja with proven experience
- Expert knowledge of SQL and experience working with large data sets and extensive knowledge in databases (PostgreSQL, BigQuery etc.).
- Ability to design and maintain complex data pipelines and REST APIs.
- A proven track record in dealing with data ingestion/ ETL processes design and technologies using Airflow, Spark etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to empathize with stakeholders and understand the relationship between data and behaviors.
- Curious and eager to learn and improve.
- Expertise with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and CI pipelines (GitHub Actions, Jenkins).
- You are a team player who loves to collaborate and work with stakeholders from different backgrounds in an international environment.
- Understanding machine learning pipelines and necessities of data science models.
- Experience working with logistics problems or/and temporal-spatial data is a huge plus.
As the world’s leading local delivery platform, our mission is to deliver an amazing experience, fast, easy, and to your door. From prepared meals to groceries, flowers, coffee, medicine… we deliver whatever you need. We operate in over 50 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa and are also pioneering quick commerce, the next generation of e-commerce. As one of Europe’s largest tech platforms, we work with a global ecosystem of employees, riders, and partners, and are at the forefront of innovation.
As one of our Heroes, you’ll work in an international and dynamic environment, with other Heroes from every corner of the globe where you can grow and develop your career with the right support, every step of the way. We are building a company that future generations can be proud of and are committed to welcoming everyone to our table. Delivery Hero has a lot to offer when it comes to benefits: we want to empower our Heroes and that means caring about all aspects of their wellbeing, such as: career, community, social, physical and financial. Learn more about our benefits at Delivery Hero here
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and inclusion are key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of racial identities, religious beliefs, color, national origin, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, age, marital or disability statuses, or any other aspect that makes you, you. Just be yourself and we can’t wait to see what value you bring to the role. We're as interested in your character as we are in your talent.
Have we sparked your interest? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values
and People Leader Principles
, please apply and send us your CV using the online form. Please note, we do not accept applications via email.JR0023498