At THE ICONIC, innovation drives us; we believe that innovation should not be sitting in a silo team but rather be part of everyone and everything we do & deliver. Every person in tech has a voice and we find that our best products are achieved through collaboration (usually over a coffee in front of a whiteboard). We love to move fast and validate learning using data (lucky for us our Data Science & Analytics team is world-class!)
We look for Data Scientists who can solve complex data problems and are experts in data analysis. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting theiconic.com.au each month, it's guaranteed you're going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Knowledge is power, therefore you'll have access to THE ICONIC learning bank which is a suite of tools & funds to allow you to drive your own learning experience. You'll get 2 extra paid learning days a year and we empower our people to work flexibly to meet the needs of their role.
Responsibilities as a Data Scientist
You will be working in an agile environment providing data science and data analytics to support THE ICONIC as a leader in the online retail space.
At THE ICONIC, Data Scientists solve business problems which have a direct impact on customers and the business. These problems include:
- Channel Attribution
- Predictive Customer Lifetime Sales
- Demand Supply Model
While solving these problems, Data Scientists will:
- Work with large streaming datasets to gain insights, train predictive models and measure results.
- Be involved in the full product life cycle.
- Develop scalable and innovative ML solutions.
- Collaborate with the data team, reviewing solutions, sharing knowledge and improving coding standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to gain a complete understanding of the problem to be solved.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and budget.
- Ensure documentation of ADR and proposed solutions.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- 3+ years experience in Python
- 3+ years experience in statistical modelling
- Proven experience of building scalable machine learning models
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language
- Strong ability to craft raw data and analysis into well-written content, and translating insights into decisions and actions that have a direct business impact
- Experience in producing visualizations to make analytics accessible to all
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields or business stakeholders
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Decision Science, Mathematics, Information Management or other relevant technical field or equivalent work experience
Experience with the following a plus
- GCP or AWS
- Retail and/or Online Retail
- Web analytics/Product analytics experience
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodology
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world
ICONIC Tech Perks
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular Hack Days (hack your own projects at work)
- Host & attend monthly meetups (typescript & Sydney PHP)
- Regular Tech Learning Days & access to THE ICONIC Learning Bank (a suite of tools and funds to accelerate your own learning)
- Work alongside subject matter experts/industry thought leaders