Sr. Data Engineer
Location - This is a remote position that we are looking to hire in Switzerland. We have a central office in San Diego, California (United States) as well as a group of remote employees in Mexico and we are looking to expand into Switzerland. To qualify you must have an address and be eligible to work in Switzerland. All employees are currently and will continually have a work from home option as well as an office if it makes sense post pandemic. Although this will be a remote position there may be opportunities to travel and train in the United States and Mexico from time to time if the employee wants. Travel will not be a requirement only an option.
Flexibility - While we navigate the waters in starting a new company location in Switzerland a level of flexibility will be required.
- Until we get our entity set up (Sep/Oct 2021) we will need to first hire you as a contractor.
- We also need someone who can start within a reasonable time period (2-4 weeks). If you are currently in an extended work commitment that most likely will not work.
- Ideal hours would be 12pm - 8pm CET (Swiss time), 3am - 11am PST (California time) for proper working overlap and team interaction. For the on-boarding period (2-3 months) this will need to be strict and then after that we can be more flexible. Possibly 2-3 days strict schedule with 2 flexible.
Zeeto, winners of multiple Best Place to Work awards, is looking for a Full Time Remote Data Engineer. Reporting to the Director of Engineering you will have the experience, curiosity, and passion to succeed in a fast pace, high volume environment.
Who is Zeeto
We collect data from users by asking questions across Zeeto’s network of publisher partners. These questions integrate with paywalls, registration forms and subscription pages. The result is one of the largest and most up-to-date granular data sources in the world. We provide Real-time, on-demand data for superior results and better insights, a unique network backed by smart technology, and access to millions of consumers through our Publisher Network.
Are you one of the few who is a genius with numbers, statistics, and math in general...and actually enjoys it!? Do you enjoy looking at mass amounts of data and turning it into success for the company and in result an amazing career? Are you looking for experience in the latest Data Mining / Data Science techniques? Others may say you're crazy, but if you meet the requirements Zeeto wants you!
- Implement and maintain data pipelines that collect and make available system data
- Design, Implement and maintain BI solutions and scripts supporting data usage
- Design, implement and maintain data models for our data warehouse
- Design, Implement and maintain ETLs and third party APIs to feed in our business reports
- Implementing data processes and business alerts
- Support ad hoc data discovery requests when no supported by standard published models
- Develop an understanding of Zeeto group's business and strategy and devise reports and analyses which contribute to improvements in decision making across the organization
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business, CS, Physics, and/or math related field
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases including Postgres, Mongo, Snowflake or others
- Experience working with third party APIs to ingest data into databases
- Experience with data analysis tools
- Experience building data pipelines
- Strong drive to improve and learn new skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving
- Understanding of web/e-commerce analysis and applicable tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with AWS services like S3, Lambda, SQS, etc.
- Experience with business intelligence software like Looker/Tableau
- Experience with standard warehouse data modeling techniques (Star, snowflake, Redshift, Big Data, etc)
- Experience working with data produced by streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Hadoop/Spark, etc.
What Zeeto can offer you
- An amazing technology stack to learn. Your career will grow exponentially in your time at Zeeto. Although we hope employees stay forever many have moved on to more senior roles including starting their own company based off of the skills they acquired with us.
- A chance to work with an amazing collaborative team yet be remote anywhere in the world.
- Tons of remote perks including virtual happy hours, games, workout sessions, all company meetings and more to come!
- An open collaborative office/virtual office with a fun, hard-working, start-up vibe. You can be a huge part of the company while also learning a ton and growing your career.
- Great pay, benefits and work life balance.
- Step 1 - APPLY
- Step 2 - After review from the hiring team if you meet the qualifications for this role we will ask you to complete a video recorded interview through a platform called SparkHire. This will be emailed and you will be asked approximately 10 brief questions to gauge your basic skill set, personality and your communication.
- Step 3 - We will ask any candidates who crush step 2 to complete and present a project demonstrating your skills. We need to be able to gauge your skill set as well as talk through it with you to see if you’d be a good fit.
We understand that this interview process can be time consuming which is why we are listing it all now. Are you up for the challenge?